A7N8X DeLuxe TCP-IP problem

Old February 14th 04, 06:27 PM
-ha-

Default A7N8X DeLuxe TCP-IP problem

Hi folks!

Just bought one A7N8X DeLuxe, and I have one problem. There are minimum two
integrated Ethernet (nVidia, 3com) But... none seems to work..

system:

a7n8x deluxe, amd barton 2500+ @2100 MHz, 512 Mb DDR, 30 GB ATA133
DiamondMax, Windows XP SP1

the problem is:

When the integrated network cards are enabled (each one), there is NO
INCOMING byte-traffic in windows, so I can not access the internet. Even
when I installed my good old RealTek PCI 10/100 ethernet card I still
experienced the same. So there are sent bytes, but there are no INCOMING
bytes...

What is it?! Is there some little trick in the BIOS, or jumper setting on
the board to access the internet or... what?! Any ideas???!

Thanks in advance;
-ha-

Old February 14th 04, 08:58 PM
-ha-

wooo.. thanks, so:

There would not be a jumper, bios setting for using a RealTek PCI 10/100
ethernet card as that plugs in a pci slot and would have drivers.
Regarding the onboard Lans there will be drivers to install and there are
settings to enable/disable in the bios.
What have you got plugged into 1, the old Lan card, 2, either one of the
onboards lans?
Do you just connect the other end of the cable to your phone socket?
Why enable both onboard Lans? it's one or the other.

First, of course, all the three devices was enabled (switched onto auto) in
the BIOS. Later, when windows setup has finished, and windows started to
connect, I noticed that either connection was unable to start.. I set to
disable in the BIOS the 3com and the 3rd lan device (abruptly i don't
remember it's name, but not the nVidia), just allowed only the nVidia
network device. But the connection showed up the same, it did not worked..
Then tried with the 3 COM LAN, but my action was failed again. When I
thought, I don't give a **** to the integrated peripherals, I pulled my
RealTek PCI 10/100, but I did not believe it could happen, the same happened
with my PCI device. Only got better a little bit: I can download my mails
from the smtp server of my ISP.. But only those. I cannot check out the
"free-ones"..

Thought to a Windows re-install, thought I massively f*cked up something in
the OS, with this flop. Simply Internet Explorer can not access the web, and
Outlook Express just partially can access only my ISP's pop3 server. Tried
all the connection setup functions, but all of them are failed after the
system restart.

Windows warns me when I want to use the nVidia lan, says: ....bla..bla.. the
card is not connected..
OK, possibly that is the main thing. But that was my question: is there some
setup/bios trick, setting. No, I do not enable 2 lans at the same time,
after the first time it was happened accidentally.

Last: I do not plugged anything to the PCI card, and I do not anything else
to the integrated cards, only the net cable (RJ..).. and that functioned
before, cause when I plug into the old machine, there is the internet.

I hope I wrote down all the details, hope it can help / hope you can help;

Thanks in advance;
-ha-

Old February 14th 04, 11:57 PM
NewUser001

download the newest nforce drivers from www.nvidia.com it includes the
ethernet drivers you need for it to work....

Old February 15th 04, 05:40 PM
Peter R. Fletcher

This really sounds like anOS/software problem rather than a problem
with the MoBo.

Old February 15th 04, 05:50 PM
-ha-

Maybe. since yesterday I had installed longhorn (4051-US), disabled all the
integrated things in the BIOS, but... nothing's changed.. I think I'll bring
back the motherboard to the shop tomorrow...

bye, and thanks for all;
-ha-

Old February 15th 04, 06:25 PM
KCB

"-ha-" wrote in message
[...]

If you are able to download mail, then you have a connection. Perhaps your
mail settings are correct and your TCP/IP settings are not? If you have all
the motherboard drivers loaded correctly, and hardware enabled in the BIOS,
and all Windows updates, either onboard network connection should work. Do
you connect through cable or DSL? How is your Internet
Properties/Connections setup?

Old February 15th 04, 07:47 PM
-ha-

I've got all the addresses for the DSL connection, but it's fully functional
with DHCP.. So it's automatic, but of course I gave a try with the fix
numbers. Then the mails had been downloaded (MSOE6), but only from my ISP's
pop3 server, all other mails have failed. Then came the reinstall, but from
XP_SP1_HUN to Longhorn_ALPHA_4051_US ... Nothing have changed, the
circumstance stayed the same. Outgoing bytes: yes, incoming bytes: none. In
Longhorn, there were no incoming mails at all. Then -today afternoon- a
reinstall of XP_SP1_HUN, and..... everything's the same. But noticed,
there's 3(!!!) devices on IRQ11!, Quickly prohibited all the intgrated
stuffs, from usb to parallel, and the serial ports, and... letting to work
only the VGA, the PCI-LAN (RealTek)... But... the same again.. NO incoming
bytes...at all. 0 bytes! This sh*t is driving me nuts I swear..

IMO it's a wrong motherboard, I'll bring it back to the shop tomorrow...
Maybe I'll try the newest nForce drivers today.. but honestly, I don't rock
myself, that it will bring the changing..

Cheers for everything;
-ha-