Gainward 8800 or Leadtek 8800

Old June 15th 07, 04:22 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Sunn

Default Gainward 8800 or Leadtek 8800

I need to buy a new graphic card, but I'm not sure which is better?

Thank You for any help.
Old June 15th 07, 08:16 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
kony

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 17:22:13 +0200, Sunn
wrote:

I need to buy a new graphic card, but I'm not sure which is better?

Thank You for any help.

Link to the spec pages so we don't all redundantly spend
time looking them up. A linke to a nice big picture of each
might help too in case there are fan or heatsink
differences.
Old June 15th 07, 09:07 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul

Sunn wrote:
I need to buy a new graphic card, but I'm not sure which is better?

Thank You for any help.

If the products are listed on Newegg.com, every product has some
customer reviews. Sometimes the reviews aren't very thorough
or meaningful, but other times, if a product is really bad,
like a lot of hardware failures, you can find out right away
from those reviews. Or if the fan is noisy, there'd be lots of
complaints.

When you're spending a lot for a video card, the warranty makes
a difference. Some companies have excellent warranty service,
while others actually make it hard to get in touch with them
(Diamond). So review the feedback people have to offer on
what it takes to get warranty service, as part of your selection.
Maybe one card is cheaper than another, because there is no
effective warranty.

Also, when buying some of the new video cards, check out the
dimensions of the card. There are some cards that I would have
trouble fitting into my computer case, so I cannot buy them.
Make sure the thing is going to fit, unless you plan on
buying a new case as well.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/images/video..._boards_sm.jpg

You can get power numbers from he
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/vid...gts-640_6.html

Paul

8800 GTS stiffman320 Homebuilt PC's 13 June 14th 07 01:38 PM
Just how big is the 8800 GTS? Julia Ivvv General Hardware 0 May 23rd 07 08:05 AM
BFG 8800 GTS OC 320mb versus BFG 8800 GTS OC 640mb Jethro Nvidia Videocards 4 March 21st 07 03:24 PM
8800 GTX or not? [email protected] Nvidia Videocards 47 February 7th 07 10:26 PM
8800 gtx Catfish Nvidia Videocards 0 January 6th 07 08:28 AM