Intel UHD graphics

Old May 6th 19, 06:48 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,a.c.o.windows-10
Rene Lamontagne

Default Intel UHD graphics

I had hoped to run my new system build using the Intel UH 630 graphics
built into the i7 8700 CPU.
But so far I am not too happy with the settings software, Intel Graphics
Control Panel, It has only brightness and contrast, no hue and
saturation controls and I find that my display is a little light on
saturation. Hue is good.
So I found they have a new program to replace it which just came out
lately called, Intel Graphics Command Center.
So I installed it (with great difficulty due to driver problems) and
find this one is worse, When I choose Display, Color, Settings nothing
happens no settings at all.
Yet if I choose Video settings I get the proper settings.
Anyone out there using these Intel graphics? and how do they work for you?
If these don't pan out any better I may have to resort to installing my
old EA5850 video card.
Thanks for any replies.

Rene

/
Old May 7th 19, 03:37 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Bill[_39_]

Rene Lamontagne wrote:
I had hoped to run my new system build using the Intel UH 630
graphics built into the i7 8700 CPU.
But so far I am not too happy with the settings software, Intel
Graphics Control Panel, It has only brightness and contrast, no
hue and saturation controls and I find that my display is a
little light on saturation. Hue is good.
So I found they have a new program to replace it which just came
out lately called, Intel Graphics Command Center.
So I installed it (with great difficulty due to driver problems)
and find this one is worse, When I choose Display, Color,
Settings nothing happens no settings at all.
Yet if I choose Video settings I get the proper settings.
Anyone out there using these Intel graphics? and how do they work
for you?

I used the built in graphics for about a half hour. And after I
installed a "750" level graphics card (not a particularly fast
one, in fact one which would be regarded as being on the slow
side performance-wise) my satisfaction-level rose substantially.
So I hope my advise to you is clear. Good luck!

Bill

Old May 7th 19, 06:31 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Bill[_39_]

Rene Lamontagne wrote:

But so far I am not too happy with the settings software, Intel
Graphics Control Panel, It has only brightness and contrast, no
hue and saturation controls and I find that my display is a
little light on saturation. Hue is good.

I think people whose needs are sophisticated enough to critique
their graphics, as above, are not among the intended users of
"built-in" graphics. Maybe things will improve in the
future...built in audio was a success.
Old May 7th 19, 08:36 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul[_28_]

Bill wrote:
Rene Lamontagne wrote:

But so far I am not too happy with the settings software, Intel
Graphics Control Panel, It has only brightness and contrast, no hue
and saturation controls and I find that my display is a little light
on saturation. Hue is good.

I think people whose needs are sophisticated enough to critique their
graphics, as above, are not among the intended users of "built-in"
graphics. Maybe things will improve in the future...built in audio was a
success.

There's nothing wrong technically with the Intel graphics.
They did acquire some talent to make shaders that work
and so on. But the fit and finish of a lot of
application level software at Intel, leaves a lot
to be desired. Bloated nonsense. I remember in
particular having to download a 50MB file, to get
a 20KB driver file just to clean up Device Manager,
and the rest of the 50MB of stuff, threatened to
break stuff, so I had to remove it! So it would
not be a surprise, if they wasted a few man-years
making a buttery GUI on something, and then the
feature set in the GUI was perfectly useless.

While you can use a Monitor file (a driver for the monitor),
not all products support that. Some of those files
have a color calibration file (.icm?), which captures the
general characteristics of the monitor. My current
monitor has such a file, but I had to turn over a
lot of rocks, to find that one. Some monitor brands,
never receive such a file (Westinghouse?). You can also buy a
Spyder calibrator, with suction cups, and do an
actual calibration on the whole subsystem. If the
Intel software is any good at all, it should accept
a calibration scheme like that (custom ICM), and
the colors should be adjusted accordingly.

When that is the case, you might see one set of
colors just as the desktop appears, and maybe
30 seconds later, you'll see a second set of
preferences seem to take hold. Some of these
schemes (such as the Adobe Gamma plugin one
of my setups seems to have acquired) take
their sweet time being applied.

Paul
Old May 7th 19, 04:40 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Rene Lamontagne

On 05/07/2019 2:36 AM, Paul wrote:
Bill wrote:
Rene Lamontagne wrote:

[...]

Â*Â* Paul

Now I have switched to the newer Intel Graphics Control Center I have
more details further to my previous post, When I choose System and click
Data the circle spins for about 40 seconds then disappears leaving a
blank page with no Data, Likewise when I click on Driver.

Another problem is starting the app, When I choose it and click to start
I gett a Dialog stating Window cannot acces the specified path, file or
folder or I may not have the proper permissions to do this, Or words to
that effect.
And it does not start, But if I immediately go back and choose and click
it, it then starts, So it needs 2 start commands to get going.

Somewhere in my last searching the Wild blue yonder I ran into one
article that inferred that this Intel program will not show hue and
saturation if using an HDMI hookup, it was taken out by Intel due to
over saturation on some monitors, Which is my setup, so as a last resort
I ordered a DisplayPort cable and will give it one last go.

Personally I think Intel should stick to making wonderful CPUs and
Chipsets and leave the software end to someone else, This program seems
to be a complete disaster.

Rene

Old May 7th 19, 04:52 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Rene Lamontagne

Bill wrote:
Rene Lamontagne wrote:

[...]

Â*Â*Â* Paul

[...]

Should have read , When I choose System then Hardware, not data.

Rene

Old May 7th 19, 08:33 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Andy Burns[_6_]

Rene Lamontagne wrote:

Somewhere in my last searching the Wild blue yonder I ran into one
article that inferred that this Intel program will not show hue and
saturation if using an HDMI hookup, it was taken out by Intel due to
over saturation on some monitors, Which is my setup, so as a last resort
I ordered a DisplayPort cable and will give it one last go.

I upgraded my laptop top the intel "DCH" drivers a while back, the
graphics control panel it installed does have
brightness/contrast/hue/saturation, for the internal LCD panel, I can
check if the same applies over HDMI/DP/VGA connections.

Old May 7th 19, 08:48 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Rene Lamontagne

On 05/07/2019 2:33 PM, Andy Burns wrote:
Rene Lamontagne wrote:

Somewhere in my last searching the Wild blue yonder I ran into one
article that inferred that this Intel program will not show hue and
saturation if using an HDMI hookup, it was taken out by Intel due to
over saturation on some monitors, Which is my setup, so as a last
resort I ordered a DisplayPort cable and will give it one last go.

I upgraded my laptop top the intel "DCH" drivers a while back, the
graphics control panel it installed does have
brightness/contrast/hue/saturation, for the internal LCD panel, I can
check if the same applies over HDMI/DP/VGA connections.

Thanks Andy, I will get the new Display port cable Friday so I can wait
till then, in the meantime I switched back to my old video card, Funny
thing, I don't have to remove the card to switch to the UDH graphics,
just moving the cable seems to automatically activate the one its
plugged into, Makes it easy to switch back and forth.

Rene

Old May 13th 19, 02:44 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Rene Lamontagne

Rene Lamontagne wrote:

Somewhere in my last searching the Wild blue yonder I ran into one
article that inferred that this Intel program will not show hue and
saturation if using an HDMI hookup, it was taken out by Intel due to
over saturation on some monitors, Which is my setup, so as a last
resort I ordered a DisplayPort cable and will give it one last go.

I upgraded my laptop top the intel "DCH" drivers a while back, the
graphics control panel it installed does have
brightness/contrast/hue/saturation, for the internal LCD panel, I can
check if the same applies over HDMI/DP/VGA connections.

Thanks Andy,Â* I will get the new Display port cable Friday so I can wait
till then, in the meantime I switched back to my old video card, Funny
thing, I don't have to remove the card to switch to the UDH graphics,
just moving the cable seems to automatically activate the one its
plugged into, Makes it easy to switch back and forth.

Rene

Received the displayport to HDMI cable yesterday, Installed it and get
the same results.
I wrote up a service order on the problem and sent it to Intel Support,
Will wait to hear from them next week and go from there.

Rene

Intel HD 620 Graphics driver Boris[_7_] Dell Computers 4 May 28th 18 10:47 PM
Integrated Intel Graphics vs nVidia Graphics Chris[_3_] Dell Computers 11 September 12th 07 04:26 PM
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3000 use other graphics card later? WannaKatana Homebuilt PC's 1 April 21st 07 05:57 AM
Old ATI All-In-Wonder Pro 32 Mb vs. Intel Extreme Graphics 2 Wondering Ati Videocards 2 December 31st 03 04:42 AM
Intel Extreme Graphics 2 BLOCKSTER Dell Computers 7 December 16th 03 03:31 PM