Liquid Fans for a Phosphorescent Liquid Sky

Old May 8th 19, 08:48 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Liquid Fans for a Phosphorescent Liquid Sky

Fluid Dynamic Bearings

Stem from HDD technology. They have metal sleeves, bearings, but how
they're machined distinguishes them. For instance, manufacturer
Matsu****a’s machined bearings require a fee to reproduce [their
design] for selling them for a type of hydrodynamics.

Other manufacturers approach the sleeve machining differently, selling
them for variously whatever mumbo-jumbo approximation will stand well
in marketing.

I wanted a decent fan. Fluid dynamics being where that's at. However,
spectacularity does carry the important weight of added fees among
better machined sleeve reproduction techniques.

General MTBF are consequently outrageous, although, thankfully, that's
reducible to a workable replacement warrantee, of say six-years, on a
fan that may cost, depending, a couple or maybe three dollars.

Except they don't. Amazon, in another instance, might want to steer
you into the wonders of a $15-25 hydrodynamic contraption.

Whereas mine, an ARCTIC F8-80 mm Standard Low Noise Case Fan - Fluid
Dynamic Bearing - Innovative Design [specifications:]
https://www.arctic.ac/eu_en/f8.html?...speed=noscript

is an alternative "rifle-bore" design at considerably less cost (even
if mine, per se, is not mentioned].
https://www.hardwaresecrets.com/the-...ring-fdb-fans/

Order total: $7+ a tad.
Pin No. Wire Colour Wire Colour Wire Colour Power/Signal
Pin 1 Black Black Black (with White mark) Ground
Pin 2 Red Yellow Black VDC +12V
Pin 3 Yellow Green Black RPM Signal

It's going into a sound amplifier, anyway, adapted (spliced if needed)
to reflect a better replacement for a LED link to CMOS states
reporting "system" operational temperatures and cooling effects upon a
critical output stage. (More or less: Class-D amps run considerably
cooler, efficiently, than a counterpart Class-A/B),

I didn't exactly find the names I'd expected, upon choosing Arctic,
usually a product I've purchased prior from their thermal mating
compounds. What I did find, though, is there's some seriously
marked-up monkey shine in the fan business these days. $7 for nicely
boxed and shipping coverage is fine, but I'll bet Aortic is just as
much about sensibility, were I assembling or buying them for decent
prices in 5-packs at three bucks average on a unit.

Liquid Cooling Martin Racette Homebuilt PC's 51 August 22nd 09 10:54 PM
Liquid Cooling Todd K Homebuilt PC's 1 February 1st 06 07:16 PM
Liquid cooling No One Homebuilt PC's 2 December 24th 05 04:23 AM
best non liquid cpu cooler for amd? smithy Overclocking 3 January 31st 04 07:52 PM
liquid cooling Arthur Hagen Overclocking 2 July 30th 03 02:50 PM