Now to migrate the burner?

Old December 28th 04, 10:31 PM
Robert Hale

Default Now to migrate the burner?

About 2-3 years ago when I bot my old machine which I love, I got a Yamaha
burner, paid about $100-$110 for it at Dr. Neth's suggestion ( to look no
further ) I didn't and I have not had a minutes trouble with the Yamaha. My
old one writes at 44, 24, and 4 etc .In several sickness and others moving
me my entire file or purchases and a few installation cd-roms have come up
missing. Among these is the Yamaha install disk.

When I went o Yamaha to look around I see their writers are the same price
as my old one. Besides it seems foolish to buy a new burner to get an
install cd. Is there any way I can just stick the hardware in the new
computer, tie the two together, or what?

What should I do guys?
Thanks a million
Robert

Old December 28th 04, 11:36 PM
Edward J. Neth

If the new system comes with a writer, its software should work with the
Yamaha writer as well.

Old January 14th 05, 10:29 AM
Jeff Jonas

About 2-3 years ago when I bot my old machine which I love, I got a Yamaha burner
What should I do guys?

I also treasure my Yamaha CD burners: they were "too good"
and Yamaha gave up thanks to cheap Chinese stuff flooding the market.

I run mine under Linux, but Nero and such ought to support it just fine,
even if you do a fresh install with the latest M$ OS.

Presario 5834: CD Burner Questions Dave Compaq Computers 2 January 24th 05 01:58 AM
Burner has demon inside dax Cdr 2 February 16th 04 04:54 AM
BackUp MyPC: How to Slow Down the CD Burner? JamesDad Cdr 5 October 29th 03 04:10 AM
Help!! My Burner Can't Read Any Disks (Blank or Recorded) , Is it Dying On Me. Neemo Cdr 0 July 30th 03 05:57 AM
Help!! My Burner Can't Read Any Disks (Blank or Recorded) , Is it Dying On Me. Neemo Cdr 1 July 29th 03 03:52 PM