Unlucky to get a 14 inch laptop with a screen pixel fault?

Old October 14th 03, 02:59 PM
Mike Walsh

Default Unlucky to get a 14 inch laptop with a screen pixel fault?

If a pixel is always on you should be able to exchange it. Pixels always off are acceptable, but not always on.
It is not unusual for a new laptop or PC to have the wrong time and/or date.

Rtm wrote:

Hi,

I've just got a budget Toshiba laptop, and unfortunately its got a
pixel that is always lit green, just wondering how unlucky I've been,
and whether to return it or not. Is it unusual to get a screen fault
on a 14 inch screen these days? And is it acceptable?

P.S.
Are laptops normally setup with the correct time? Just I noticed the
date was correct, and the time was nearly exactly right, apart from
being one hour fast, just wondering if I've got someone elses return,
possibly from europe, with the one hour difference. I was surpised to
find the battery charged too.

Thanks in advance

--
Mike Walsh
West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S.A.
Old October 16th 03, 07:55 AM
Rtm

ok, thanks mike

HP ZT1000 series laptop LCD going dim Chu-Chu General 4 September 15th 03 06:26 AM
Laptop Only Displays Half Screen Kenneth Pardue General 1 August 21st 03 06:59 AM
Laptop woes Fixed John McGaw General 4 August 18th 03 12:15 PM
IBM ThinkPad screen problems Hans Huber General 3 July 28th 03 04:25 AM
17" Dell Flat Panel Screen nECrO General 3 July 4th 03 06:40 AM