burning a .IMG file

Old February 2nd 07, 06:01 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,comp.publish.cdrom.software,alt.cd-rom,comp.publish.cdrom.hardware
smh

Default Mike Richter's Unadulterated White Lies (error rates)(5-03)

----------------------
Mike Richter is a LIAR
-----------------------------------

Deirdre Straughan (Roxio) is a LIAR
-----------------------------------

Stewart Berman (****wart) whimpered:

Congratulations. You are the first person to force me to use a kill
filter in over a decade.

Didn't like this one, ****wart?

--------------------------------------

Mike Richter, Is CD-RW Media Homeless?
--------------------------------------

Mike Richter (the Slimiest Lying Friggin ****) crapped:

Given the poor life of erasable media

Is cd-rw media homeless, Slimeball?
'

How about this one, ****wart?

Mike Richter's Unadulterated White Lies (error rates)

======================
From: Mike Richter (The Slimiest Lying Friggin ****)
Date: 5/16/03

How reliable are 700 MB's drives & CD-R's really?

I measure error rate

and have not found a 700-MB blank which matches the best 650s
I use, but have found several lines which are quite good enough
for routine use.
======================

The above is an unadulterated white LIE.

There was NO way Mike Richter could have measured "error rates" (C1/C2
errors). Mike Richter did NOT even have a drive reporting C1 errors.

You would think Mike Richter at least knows what the "error rates"
(C1/C2 errors) are, considering Mikey has been spewing the words
for years?

Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on C1/C2 Errors

From: Noik
Date: 8/13/05

Mike Richter (The Slimiest Lying Friggin ****) crapped:

(James Perrett)
if I'm seeing C2 errors then there MUST, by definition,
be C1 errors on the disc - in fact, every disc will
have a few C1 errors.

You are assuming a correlation between C1 and C2 errors
which is stronger than reality.

They are different measures and while they do have a gross
correlation, it is not the sort you are expecting.

I still feel that C1 and C2 errors are substantially different.

I think that a C2 error is a C1 error(s) that couldn't be corrected
with the C1 error correction capabilities. They're not independant,
they're basically the same thing except for which level of error
correction can correct the error. You're using a program that just
doesn't report C1 errors, as indicated by the fact that the "C1 error"
part in your screenshot is greyed out.

Now I know why you can create disks that have no C1 errors.

-------------------------------
Wow! What a slimy friggin SOB!
Mikey, you are The Slimiest Lying Friggin SOB!
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------
Old February 3rd 07, 05:05 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,comp.publish.cdrom.software,alt.cd-rom,comp.publish.cdrom.hardware
smh

Default Mike Richter's Unadulterated White Lies (error rates)(4-03)

.. ----------------------
Mike Richter is a LIAR
-----------------------------------

From: Mike Richter (The Slimiest Lying Friggin SOB)
Date: 4/28/03
Subject: writing high capacity cds?

Alex Gregory wrote:

Hi all, hoping someone could help me with a problem I get when
burning high capacity cds on my machine? Nero says that they
record fine, but when I put them in either mine or anyone else's
CD drive they do not work

Error rates go up sharply as length is increased.

My tests ... suggest that you can get away with those
for non-critical audio, but they are hopeless for data.
======================

The above is an unadulterated white LIE.

There was NO way Mike Richter could have tested "error rates" (C1/C2

Old February 8th 07, 04:03 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,comp.publish.cdrom.software,alt.cd-rom,comp.publish.cdrom.hardware
smh

----------------------
Mike Richter is a LIAR
-----------------------------------

From: Mike Richter (The Slimiest Lying Friggin SOB)
Date: 4/28/03

===================================
From: Alex Gregory
Date: 5/1/03

Yeah, they work fine now, I managed to get them to work if I closed
everything before writing, and set the write speed to 4x, and now
I haven't had any problems yet.
===================================
..

-------------------------------

Old February 9th 07, 08:01 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,comp.publish.cdrom.software,alt.cd-rom,comp.publish.cdrom.hardware
smh

Default Mike Richter's Unadulterated White Lies (error rates)(9-01)(ii)

.. ----------------------
Mike Richter is a LIAR
-----------------------------------

From: Mike Richter (The Slimiest Lying Friggin ****)
Date: 9/12/01

David Cohen wrote:
snip

From my own results and from numerous reports, it is clear that
erasables have increasing error rates over time.

In my tests, only some high-quality, non-HS media did not show
painful increases in errors over six months or so of storage.

My tests were sufficient for my needs but not thorough enough
to report in detail.
======================

The above is an unadulterated white LIE.

There was NO way Mikey could have tested "error rates" (C1/C2 errors).

Old February 25th 07, 06:01 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,comp.publish.cdrom.software,alt.cd-rom,comp.publish.cdrom.hardware
smh

Default Mike Richter's Unadulterated White Lies (error rates)(10-02)

.. -----------------------------------

From: Mike Richter (The Slimiest Lying Friggin ****)
Date: 10/20/02
Subject: 4x CDRW's in 12x Writer?

mbg wrote:

Mike Richter (Friggin ****) crapped:

About to trade my 4x TEAC for a Mitsumi that does CDRW's
at 12x. Will it still write my 4x media?

Not well if at all.

Is this a drive-specific reply? I have a Plextor 121032S and
it will write 4X CDRW media fine at 4X.

No, it is not intended to be drive-specific and I grant that it's
possible that Plextor has added a capability in some drives to do
better than others.

However, I have tested non-HighSpeed erasables in my 12x HighSpeed
and 8x non-HighSpeed Plextors and find substantially higher
error rates at 4x in the HighSpeed drives.
======================

The above is an unadulterated white LIE.

There was NO way Mikey could have tested "error rates" (C1/C2 errors).
The above Plextors do NOT report C1 errors.

-------------------------------
Old May 14th 07, 10:01 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,comp.publish.cdrom.software,alt.cd-rom,comp.publish.cdrom.hardware
smh

Default Mike Richter's Unadulterated White Lies (TakeTwo)(ii)

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Stewart Berman (****wart) whimpered:

Congratulations. You are the first person to force me to use a kill
filter in over a decade.

Didn't like this one, ****wart?

--------------------------------------
Mike Richter, Is CD-RW Media Homeless?
--------------------------------------

Mike Richter (the Slimiest Lying Friggin ****) crapped:

Given the poor life of erasable media

Is cd-rw media homeless, Mikey?
..

How about this one, ****wart?

From: Mike Richter (Acraptec ****)
Date: 9/24/99

I am an unabashed fan of TakeTwo ...

it is so far ahead of every other backup product I have seen that

it may in itself justify buying ECDC 4.
========================

But then:

I figured out why they called it Take Two.

That's the number of extra strength pain relievers you'll be
needing after staying up all night trying to make it work.

Mike Richter seems to be the only one
that can get Take Two to work...

Then again:

======================
From: Mike Richter (cRoxio ****)
Date: 6/13/04

Be EXTREMELY careful with Take Two. It had so many bugs that
Roxio decided to dump it.

Had Roxio kept contact with the developers after they bought
the product, they might well have made that sufficient reason

to buy ECDC for XP.
======================

Guess Take Two could have been made Winxp compatible had it been
developed internally, isn't that right, Mikey?

=======================
From: Adrian Miller (ex-Roxio)
Date: 10/28/01
Subject: Take Two Yanked

Wasn't Take Two an acquisition from another company anyway?

It was developed internally.
===========================

Old May 15th 07, 02:22 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,comp.publish.cdrom.software,alt.cd-rom,comp.publish.cdrom.hardware
Bob L

Idiot, you need to seek help. Or if you don't want to do that, you need to
kill yourself.

. --------------------------------------

.

How about this one, ****wart?

Old May 15th 07, 07:09 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Tony[_3_]

and what about all the other people that were hoodwinked by roxio?

. --------------------------------------

Old May 15th 07, 01:16 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Nil

On 15 May 2007, Tony wrote in
alt.comp.periphs.cdr:

and what about all the other people that were hoodwinked by roxio?

They've moved on with their life.
Old May 15th 07, 05:10 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Allen

Default Libelous subject changed

Nil wrote:
On 15 May 2007, Tony wrote in
alt.comp.periphs.cdr:

and what about all the other people that were hoodwinked by roxio?

They've moved on with their life.

Or perhaps some of us used Roxio without major problems; perhaps we
didn't ever ask a total psychotic for "help" with it.

best cloning method? [email protected] Storage (alternative) 72 April 1st 06 07:40 PM
Nothing But Coasters dadiOH Cdr 11 February 28th 06 12:48 AM
my dvd burner keeps having problems nullboy Cdr 3 September 9th 05 01:46 AM
Mustek 1200 III EP undetectable in any image program Raymond A. Chamberlin Scanners 18 January 10th 05 08:52 AM
MMC 9.0 "upgrade" Alan Olson Ati Videocards 18 April 27th 04 10:17 PM