Asus A7N8X Deluxe or Epox EP-8RGA+ MB?

Old September 18th 03, 03:40 AM
E. Rust III

Default Asus A7N8X Deluxe or Epox EP-8RGA+ MB?

Okay, I was all sent to buy a Epox MB, carefully researching the
alternatives - and low and behold, this darned Asus keeps popping up... I
also saw the Soyo Dragon series. I went up on the Asus site and the specs
are confusing to say the least! It seams there's 4 versions of the A7N8X -
and only 1 has on-board video and sound. The Soyo's look really nice, but
i've been hearing about quality control issues. I need on-board video and
sound, LAN would be nice - which would you'all recommend? I use my computer
for surfing, e-mail, programming, and CAD work. And i'm using a AMD XP
2500+ CPU (that I want to o'clock to over 2ghz). Thanks.

Trey

Old September 18th 03, 10:29 AM
Ben Pope

E. Rust III wrote:
Okay, I was all sent to buy a Epox MB, carefully researching the
alternatives - and low and behold, this darned Asus keeps popping up... I
also saw the Soyo Dragon series. I went up on the Asus site and the specs
are confusing to say the least! It seams there's 4 versions of the A7N8X
- and only 1 has on-board video and sound. The Soyo's look really nice,
but i've been hearing about quality control issues. I need on-board
video and sound, LAN would be nice - which would you'all recommend? I
use my computer for surfing, e-mail, programming, and CAD work. And i'm
using a AMD XP 2500+ CPU (that I want to o'clock to over 2ghz). Thanks.

The Asus nForce2 boards are nice (I have the Deluxe). Looks like the -VM
uses the IGP and yet another different Audio controller.

Abit NF7 range is supposed ot be good too, not sure if they have an IGP
version.

Ben

Old September 19th 03, 06:54 AM
Erik Alvar

"Ben Pope" wrote in message
E. Rust III wrote:
[...]

NF7-M. Very good board. Good overclocker and decent onboard graphics.

Old October 9th 03, 03:54 AM
Ben Dellar

Im using the A7n8x and its a wonderful board. I blew one up about 3 days
after we got it but i just reset cmos, took it back and said it didnt work
and got a new one that was me being silly with settings tho not the board.
My only reliablility problem is occasionally after restart it freezes at the
SATA controller post screen but u can just turn it off and on again and it
works perfectly (not the freeze only happens after a restart never when
starting up from scratch so i think its me power supply) i dont know the
Epox but i'd recomend the a7n8x dlx its a very nice board