Encrypted HD?

Old August 31st 12, 12:41 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ron Hardin

Default Encrypted HD?

If a (Dell outlet) machine comes with a
claimed full-encrypted HD, can I just replace it
with a regular HD or is there some BIOS thingy to
deal with?

I replace the HD with a big one, just wondering if
this will be a problem.

Old September 12th 12, 09:33 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Rajath N[_2_]

Hi Ron,

Please provide me the system model so that I can provide you with
appropriate information on replacing the encrypted hard drive.

Old September 14th 12, 02:02 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ron Hardin

Rajath N wrote:

Hi Ron,

Please provide me the system model so that I can provide you with
appropriate information on replacing the encrypted hard drive.

I didn't buy it, but I was a Latitude E6500 or E6400 (outlet store).

Just wondering if such a machine was useless to me or if I could just swap in an
unencrypted new HD and reload the OS.

Old September 14th 12, 08:45 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Rajath N[_3_]

Hi Ron,

The Encrypted Hard Drive has the feature integrated into the hard drive
to provide additional security to the data by encryption. Replacing the
encrypted HDD with a normal HDD and installing Windows will work on the
laptop.