HDMI cable for Dell Display?

Old February 3rd 10, 10:13 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Hank Arnold

Default HDMI cable for Dell Display?

I recently got delivery of a Dimension 780. It has a HDMI connection on
an NVidia adapter. Currently, I'm using an adapter cable that convert it
to a conventional display connection.

I've used HDMI cables in the past for HD TVs. Is the cable needed here
different? How do I identify one on the various sites?

TIA,
--

Regards,
Hank Arnold
Old February 3rd 10, 11:44 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Bob Villa

On Feb 3, 4:13*am, Hank Arnold wrote:
I recently got delivery of a Dimension 780. It has a HDMI connection on
an NVidia adapter. Currently, I'm using an adapter cable that convert it
to a conventional display connection.

I've used HDMI cables in the past for HD TVs. Is the cable needed here
different? How do I identify one on the various sites?

TIA,
--

Regards,
Hank Arnold
Microsoft MVP
Windows Server - Directory Serviceshttp://it.toolbox.com/blogs/personal-pc-assistant/

It should be the same as for HDTV. I haven't had any problems with
these, http://www.meritline.com/3-pcs-of-6-...--p-26865.aspx

bob
Old February 3rd 10, 11:47 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Bob Villa

On Feb 3, 5:44*am, Bob Villa wrote:
On Feb 3, 4:13*am, Hank Arnold wrote:

I recently got delivery of a Dimension 780. It has a HDMI connection on
an NVidia adapter. Currently, I'm using an adapter cable that convert it
to a conventional display connection.

I've used HDMI cables in the past for HD TVs. Is the cable needed here
different? How do I identify one on the various sites?

TIA,
--

Regards,
Hank Arnold
Microsoft MVP
Windows Server - Directory Serviceshttp://it.toolbox.com/blogs/personal-pc-assistant/

It should be the same as for HDTV. *I haven't had any problems with
these, *http://www.meritline.com/3-pcs-of-6-...ale-digital-av...

bob

There is also a cable for DVI to HDMI
Old February 4th 10, 08:51 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Hank Arnold

On 2/3/2010 6:44 AM, Bob Villa wrote:
On Feb 3, 4:13 am, Hank wrote:
I recently got delivery of a Dimension 780. It has a HDMI connection on
an NVidia adapter. Currently, I'm using an adapter cable that convert it
to a conventional display connection.

I've used HDMI cables in the past for HD TVs. Is the cable needed here
different? How do I identify one on the various sites?

TIA,
--

Regards,
Hank Arnold
Microsoft MVP
Windows Server - Directory Serviceshttp://it.toolbox.com/blogs/personal-pc-assistant/

It should be the same as for HDTV. I haven't had any problems with
these, http://www.meritline.com/3-pcs-of-6-...--p-26865.aspx

bob

Thanks. Isn't Meritline a great site? I've used it several times with no
problems...

Old February 4th 10, 12:03 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Bob Villa

On Feb 3, 4:13 am, Hank *wrote:
[...]

In all...I've had one cheap item (USB hub) DOA, otherwise a very good
source.

Green specs like static on monitor (hdmi cable of hz)? Albert Homebuilt PC's 2 January 9th 10 04:35 AM
HDMI Cable Martin Racette General 5 November 11th 09 08:50 PM
S/PDIF cable to connect to 9600GT HDMI port smlunatick Nvidia Videocards 4 September 21st 08 04:49 PM
HDMI cable in place of DMI? Bobby General 3 August 22nd 06 08:44 PM
PC audio onto HDMI cable? Noozer General 0 March 10th 05 04:20 AM