Avoid Aria & Digimate/Hansol/Arianet TFT LCDs

Old December 21st 05, 11:31 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors

Default Avoid Aria & Digimate/Hansol/Arianet TFT LCDs

Spend the extra few quid and get a 'branded' screen somewhere else.

My first Digimate (bought this time last year) was excellent.

Since then , in trying to get a dual screen set-up, I've been through 4.

1st From SVP - Dead Pixels all over the place. Returned.
2nd Aria - Dead Pixels - Returned.
3rd Aria - Worked for a month then started switching itself off
When attempting to raise an RMA at ARIA they fob you off with the
Manufacturer.
I took the Gamble - thinking it would be quicker..
Digimate promptly collected and returned within 5 days - only
problem it was the same monitor with the same fault.
Digimate promptly collected (again) and returned a 4th monitor - a
Hansol monitor. Same design, no logo. This worked fine for two days then
some stuck sub pixels appeared (only two obvious ones) - lots of little
minute smaller onces. I have to double check the two big ones are not
doubles - in which case I can return.

Also the build quality is worse than my older one, the cold cathode
light at the bottom shines too strongly when the brightness is down so
you get a blue haze of light along the bottom. I'm guessing this is
common on cheaper monitors.

So

1) Aria have joined Dabs in my list of companies I refuse to use. (I
still use ebuyer).

2. Digimate's customer service is spiraling downwards (presumably due to
the decline of the build quality of their monitors). They often promise
to call back but dont, and sometimes have the answering machine on
during working hours. Also they will tell you they cant do things, which
they can do easily if you insist. (ie deliver to different address etc).
This is Matt's speciality if you are ever unlucky enough to have to call
them.

3. My next 19" TFT will be a branded one (LG, Samsung etc). Its not
worth the hassle to save 30 quid. Since my first excellent Digimate
monitor a year ago, I've had 4 monitors in a row all of which were sub
par. That suggest to me either I'm very unlucky or Digimates build
quality is down the pan.

Digimate do have a 3 year warranty though, and I'm fairly sure this
monitor will get worse over the next couple of weeks. But I need my dual
screen over the Crimbo period - so I'll action it again in the new
year..

Lordy
Old December 21st 05, 06:39 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 11:31:39 GMT, Lordy
wrote:

[...]

Lordy,

I've just bought 2 of these from ebuyer last month - no dead pixels
and excellent quality:

Jasper

Old December 22nd 05, 02:43 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

Lordy,

I've just bought 2 of these from ebuyer last month - no dead pixels
and excellent quality:
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...44473234&actio
n=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=83914

Jasper

Yup. I plan to get a Samsung next. I suspect Aria have avoided their duty
in allowing simple RMA of Digimate monitors precisely because there are so
many problems with them. They should stop selling them.
And Digimates CS are a bunch of hostile so-and-so's (except for one chap
whose name escapes me).

Lordy

Old December 30th 05, 12:26 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

Just bought one of these from Aria. Has to be the worst ever. One
permanently lit Pixel and lost count of the number of dead sub-pixels.
Extremely bright and when you turn down the brightness Coloured images
look awful. Terrible ghosting, back light bleeding.

Within 2 hours of use I knew it had to go back. So packed it away
re-plugged the trusty old Sony Trinton CRT. Went to their Website to
request an RMA. Doesn't give you an option, asks you to contact
Digimate. So fired off an email requesting a return but no reply. Rang
them and they wanted £12.95 for return carriage if wanted it picked
up.

My advise would be avoid Digimate and Aria used to be good but now they
are almost as bad as Dabs.

Old December 30th 05, 12:37 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

On 30 Dec 2005 04:26:11 -0800, "Digit" wrote:

My advise would be avoid Digimate and Aria used to be good but now they
are almost as bad as Dabs.

Aria have not replied to the (IIRC) 4 emails that I sent them
regarding a thankfully minor issue.

"Bunch of fooking cowboys" would be a complement!

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old December 30th 05, 12:39 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 12:37:12 +0000, Dr Teeth
wrote:

On 30 Dec 2005 04:26:11 -0800, "Digit" wrote:

My advise would be avoid Digimate and Aria used to be good but now they
are almost as bad as Dabs.

Aria have not replied to the (IIRC) 4 emails that I sent them
regarding a thankfully minor issue.

"Bunch of fooking cowboys" would be a complement!

Big apologies, the above relates to Watford.

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old December 30th 05, 11:21 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

My advise would be avoid Digimate and Aria used to be good but now they
are almost as bad as Dabs.

Dabs have an excellent RMA procedure. Can't fault them!

Old December 31st 05, 12:18 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 12:26:11 -0000, Digit wrote:

Just bought one of these from Aria. Has to be the worst ever. One
permanently lit Pixel and lost count of the number of dead sub-pixels.
Extremely bright and when you turn down the brightness Coloured images
look awful. Terrible ghosting, back light bleeding.

Within 2 hours of use I knew it had to go back. So packed it away
re-plugged the trusty old Sony Trinton CRT. Went to their Website to
request an RMA. Doesn't give you an option, asks you to contact
Digimate. So fired off an email requesting a return but no reply. Rang
them and they wanted £12.95 for return carriage if wanted it picked
up.

My advise would be avoid Digimate and Aria used to be good but now they
are almost as bad as Dabs.

Did you pay for a dead pixel check?
Old January 21st 06, 06:45 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

Did not pay for dead pixel check. After lots of letters phone calls and
finally threatening them with small claims they have agreed to refund
me. Wont be dealing wuth Aria again.