MESH Computers - help required please

Old December 14th 05, 08:08 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

Default MESH Computers - help required please

I (foolishly) ordered a system on behalf of my sister for her 11 year old son as his Xmas present. He has been saving up his pocket money all year to put towards it and between
them they managed enough to get a decentish new system.

They did however leave it a bit late in ordering but eventually came to me with the task of finding them something last week. I spent a good while trying to find something half
decent and finally settled on a system from Mesh.

I called Mesh last week, was assured several times that they could delivery in time for Xmas providing I went for one of their pre-built "Ready To Ship" systems. This I did and
placed the order.

I have now been informed that they hope to dispatch on 28th Dec. - obviously too late for Xmas and I can just imagine my nephews face when he finds out that he isn't going to
have his new PC in time. Their promise of delivery before Xmas was a big contributing factor as to why I actually went for their system!

I suppose my question is this:

Has anyone managed to escalate things with Mesh and get them to fulfil their side of a verbal contract? Has anyone got the MD's name or email address? Would it even be worth
contacting the MD? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Posted with NewsLeecher v3.5 Beta 2
* Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
* http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

Old December 14th 05, 10:49 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

have a look on google, lots & lots there,

General Manager? Tony Riccardi
(from http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=1415)

Companies House produces:

======
Name & Registered Office:
MESH COMPUTERS LIMITED
MESH HOUSE UNIT 1 OXGATE CENTRE
OXGATE LANE
LONDON
NW2 7JA
Company No. 02157782

Date of Incorporation: 26/08/1987

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company
Nature of Business (SIC(03)):
3002 - Manufacture computers & process equipment

Accounting Reference Date: 31/08
Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/08/2004 (FULL)
Next Accounts Due: 30/06/2006
Last Return Made Up To: 05/05/2005
Next Return Due: 02/06/2006

Last Members List: 05/05/2005

Previous Names:
Date of change Previous Name
08/04/2005 MESH COMPUTERS PLC
18/09/1992 MESH COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIMITED

Old December 15th 05, 12:50 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 20:08:10 GMT, 1892 ) wrote:

-I called Mesh last week, was assured several times that they could delivery in
time for Xmas providing I went for one of their pre-built "Ready To Ship"
systems. This I did and
-placed the order.

Companies have the right to delay delivery. Unless you made "time of the
essence" when forming the contract, then I don't think you have any hope. Even
if you *did* this, then the best you can hope for is some recompense. It sucks,
royally.

If you are of a mind, you can get the company's directors addresses and phone
numbers without too much trouble.....

-Rob
robatwork at mail dot com
Old December 15th 05, 07:21 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

Companies have the right to delay delivery. Unless you made "time of the
essence" when forming the contract, then I don't think you have any hope. Even
if you *did* this, then the best you can hope for is some recompense. It sucks,
royally.

If you are of a mind, you can get the company's directors addresses and phone
numbers without too much trouble.....

Thanks Rob. I was very specific in explaining that the main reason I was placing the order was because of their promise of pre-Xmas delivery. I'm quite prepared to take this
as far as I have to and if that means involving the Directors then so be it.

The latest is that they have actually shipped the unit, only to a different address than what I specified when I placed the order. It is coming to my address which is
unfortunately a mere 250 miles from where I requested it be shipped to.

Great huh?

Old December 15th 05, 07:23 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

have a look on google, lots & lots there,

General Manager? Tony Riccardi
(from http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=1415)

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Old December 16th 05, 12:10 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors

I'm quite prepared to take this
as far as I have to and if that means involving the Directors then so be
it.

Send him a pup lads

Old December 16th 05, 02:14 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 19:21:15 GMT, 1892 ) wrote:

-
-Thanks Rob. I was very specific in explaining that the main reason I was
placing the order was because of their promise of pre-Xmas delivery. I'm quite
prepared to take this
-as far as I have to and if that means involving the Directors then so be it.

Good luck. Unless you have something written which says the words "time of
essence" or v similar, I doubt you'd get far in court. But worth giving the
directors a polite call....

-Rob
robatwork at mail dot com

Mesh Computers Roy Bean UK Computer Vendors 2 November 27th 04 04:40 PM
MESH Computers xyz UK Computer Vendors 2 June 3rd 04 08:46 PM
building stable computers for Mom/Grandma....HELP!! rferoni Homebuilt PC's 11 December 10th 03 02:08 AM
hooking two computers to one modem...help rferoni Homebuilt PC's 15 December 7th 03 02:27 AM
Two computers, one burner Dan G Cdr 0 July 4th 03 08:45 PM