Anyone use MicroWarehouse ?

Old November 25th 03, 03:10 PM
Paul McCue

Default Anyone use MicroWarehouse ?

Just a quick enquiry;

I recently ordered a cheap'n'nasty notebook from Micro Warehouse
(www.microwarehouse.co.uk) and after a few weeks they've come back
and said the price given in the catalogue was wrong and they can't
fulfil the order.

They seemed pretty legit, but the dodgy price is still up there
on their web-site
(http://www.microwarehouse.co.uk/product.aspx?SKU=E332600).

Just for my peace of mind, has anyone done business with them
sucessfully or should I be checking my credit-card bills very
closely ?

Old November 25th 03, 03:45 PM
Lee J. Moore

Paul McCue wrote:

Just a quick enquiry;

I recently ordered a cheap'n'nasty notebook from Micro Warehouse
(www.microwarehouse.co.uk) and after a few weeks they've come back
and said the price given in the catalogue was wrong and they can't
fulfil the order.

They seemed pretty legit, but the dodgy price is still up there
on their web-site
(http://www.microwarehouse.co.uk/product.aspx?SKU=E332600).

LOL @ the price! Not sure how you stand from a Trading Standards point of
view. It might be worth giving them a call and letting them know that they
haven't even changed the listed price. You might have a better legal
standing...although I'm not sure what can be done if they don't intend to
replenish their stock.

Just for my peace of mind, has anyone done business with them
sucessfully or should I be checking my credit-card bills very
closely ?

Microwarehouse are part of the Technomatic group. You'd normally pay a
slight premium than companies like Dabs or Insight but you get better
service (and courier, in the case of the latter). They seem to have a good
reputation in this group.

--
Lee J. Moore
http://cafe-society.com

Old November 27th 03, 01:10 AM
Paul Hopwood

"Lee J. Moore" wrote:

LOL @ the price! Not sure how you stand from a Trading Standards point of
view. It might be worth giving them a call and letting them know that they
haven't even changed the listed price. You might have a better legal
standing...although I'm not sure what can be done if they don't intend to
replenish their stock.

Looking at the info the item listed doesn't appear to match up with
the details associated with it so they could supposedly supply the
part which matches the description at the price listed, even though it
wouldn't match the specification and other listed details.

I can't recall if and at what point they send a confirmation e-mail
which could be construed as a contract but if they can't or choose not
to restock an item I doubt there's any legal means by which you could
force them.

Just for my peace of mind, has anyone done business with them
sucessfully or should I be checking my credit-card bills very
closely ?

Microwarehouse are part of the Technomatic group.

The other way around. Technomatic, Inmac and Mac Warehouse are all
"part of" MicroWarehouse, although I'm sure they're all just trading
names of the one company rather than legal entities in their own
right.

You'd normally pay a
slight premium than companies like Dabs or Insight but you get better
service (and courier, in the case of the latter). They seem to have a good
reputation in this group.

I've used them professionally as a preferred supplier for over a
decade and have been generally happy with the service.

--
iv Paul iv

[ Mail: ]
[ WWW:
http://www.hopwood.org.uk/ ]
Old November 27th 03, 08:50 AM
Paul McCue

"Paul Hopwood" wrote in message
"Lee J. Moore" wrote:

[...]

Cheers guys.

I confess I hadn't even noticed the discrepancy in the description -
other than that little bit at the top all the text and pictures refer
to the thing I was interested in. I just assumed the low price was
for stock clearance - it being a low-spec three-year-old out of warranty
french notebook.

My concern wasn't with the particular item, when companies renege on
offers claiming a catalogue error I usually just accept it. What I
wanted to check on this occasion was the fact that the error wasn't
corrected. I did let them know that the item was still there a few
days after my order had been cancelled, to little effect. My suspicion
was that it was some sort of dodgy marketing gimmick/data collection
excercise/CC fraud.

The item's gone now, and you (and others) have assured me they're
respectable as mail-order PC companies go. Ta.