Games.

Old May 9th 10, 12:52 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
David A Smith

Default Games.

Hi All,
Does anyone know how to uninstall the games on an Aspire 8920? Every time I
try to uninstall the Oberon Media games using Windows Uninstall facility, I
get a message from 'Ghost Uninstaller', "Installation Log File Not Found"
I just don't need or want the games.
Thanks
Dave

Old May 10th 10, 01:23 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
davy

Snap, the same name, there were two of us in the same class at school as
well
Have a look here at 'Software informer'
(http://software.informer.com/getfree...bar-uninstall/)
and also 'here.'
(http://software.informer.com/getfree...-oberon-media/)

davy

Old May 10th 10, 04:37 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Ben Myers[_2_]

On 5/9/2010 7:52 AM, David A Smith wrote:
Hi All,
Does anyone know how to uninstall the games on an Aspire 8920? Every
time I try to uninstall the Oberon Media games using Windows Uninstall
facility, I get a message from 'Ghost Uninstaller', "Installation Log
File Not Found"
I just don't need or want the games.
Thanks
Dave

Try Revo Uninstaller. It's free and it usually removes software
otherwise a pain in the ass to uninstall... Ben Myers
Old May 10th 10, 06:13 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
David A Smith

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
On 5/9/2010 7:52 AM, David A Smith wrote:
Hi All,
Does anyone know how to uninstall the games on an Aspire 8920? Every
time I try to uninstall the Oberon Media games using Windows Uninstall
facility, I get a message from 'Ghost Uninstaller', "Installation Log
File Not Found"
I just don't need or want the games.
Thanks
Dave

Try Revo Uninstaller. It's free and it usually removes software otherwise
a pain in the ass to uninstall... Ben Myers

Many thanks Ben I will certainly give it a whirl.
Dave

Old May 10th 10, 12:53 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
David A Smith

"David A Smith" wrote in message

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
On 5/9/2010 7:52 AM, David A Smith wrote:
Hi All,
Does anyone know how to uninstall the games on an Aspire 8920? Every
time I try to uninstall the Oberon Media games using Windows Uninstall
facility, I get a message from 'Ghost Uninstaller', "Installation Log
File Not Found"
I just don't need or want the games.
Thanks
Dave

Try Revo Uninstaller. It's free and it usually removes software
otherwise a pain in the ass to uninstall... Ben Myers

Many thanks Ben I will certainly give it a whirl.
Dave

Ben and Davy.
Again many thanks. Unfortunately neither could do the job, it is this
Installation Log Not Found which I assume is causing the major problem. I
have considered just 'Deleting' the games, but I have never liked doing that
as I never know if the programs will take something useful with it.
More research required. If I find an answer I will report back.
Dave

Old May 10th 10, 04:32 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Ben Myers[_2_]

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
[...]

If you are 100% certain you know the exact folder(s) where the games
are, boot the system in safe mode, delete the folders, then reboot and
run CCleaner to cleanup the leftover junk in the registry... Ben
Old May 15th 10, 08:00 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
David A Smith

If you are 100% certain you know the exact folder(s) where the games are,
boot the system in safe mode, delete the folders, then reboot and run
CCleaner to cleanup the leftover junk in the registry... Ben

Hi All,
I have managed to uninstall some of the games by installing them from the
Oberon Media (the game publishers) web site to repair the installation, and
then uninstalling them. Long and tedious. I have also been in touch with
Oberon on their on line help desk. They have now given up on me, and not
replied to my last message, which was sent on 11th @ 21.59 UK time. They
also don't appear to read all the message so answer the small bit which is
easy for them. All in all, they were not much use. probably because I only
want to get shot of their games. I will give up on deleting/uninstalling
the games.
Many thanks for the suggestions and help here.
Dave

Old August 19th 10, 06:58 AM
computerlaptop computerlaptop is offline
Junior Member

HI guys

I love to play game . Specially in my laptop.I have a acer 5920 model laptop and it big screen and play any types of pc game.
Computer Laptop

jamba games aufs handy 3d jamba handyspiele motorola jamba handygames jamba handy spiele umsonst jamba handy games forum gratis jamba spielefuers handy [email protected] Dell Computers 0 May 24th 08 09:02 AM
When will buying games be cheaper and better than pirating games. Skybuck Flying Nvidia Videocards 6 January 20th 08 04:12 PM
pc games gp Ati Videocards 3 May 2nd 05 12:35 AM
Console games and PC games Griffin McKorn Ati Videocards 8 October 5th 04 08:22 PM
games mankymonkey Webcams 0 December 17th 03 01:30 PM