Scanner - Dell 922 All-in-one printer/scanner RevA01 not scanning but does print

Old June 25th 05, 05:46 AM
Darren

Default Scanner - Dell 922 All-in-one printer/scanner RevA01 not scanning but does print

Hello and thanks for stopping by...

---I'm using three hyphens as brackets in this posting, to highlight the
main points--- . Hope it helps and not annoys.

Friends of mine ---can't scan--- with their Dell 922 All-in-one.

They can print okay but not scan.

We've tried installing the ---RevA00--- software and the new ---RevA04---
software, which appears only a month or so old.

We had a ---software install error--- with A04. Runtime error with
file ---'dlbtaiox.exe'?---. My friend is elderly, so the filename may have
an '1' and not an 'L'.

The scanner would not scan with RevA00 software either and there were no
runtime errors then apparently.

I've asked them to check for a scanner lock and they say there's one where
the plug goes into the scanner and it automatically disengages. That may be
a voltage switch, for their sake I hope that they don't create another
problem there.

So we've installed two software versions to no avail.

AND

They've had ---two Dell 922 units---. Dell replaced the first unit, which
did not scan either.

Maybe if someone has that file? or knows of any XP conflicts with it/AV
software conflicts etc. That'd be great.

Thanks

Darren

Old June 25th 05, 08:19 AM
Fixer

the scanner lock for this machine is under the scanner lid top left corner
as you look at it and chances are it is in the locked state if this is a 2nd
brand new machine

Old June 25th 05, 09:42 AM
Darren

I've now found out that it is photocopying, so that rules out the locking
mechanism for now I think.

Darren