Acer 9300 series

Old March 3rd 08, 06:39 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
PWB

Default Acer 9300 series

I have an acer 9300series laptop which I thought was 16 gig HDD why is there
2 70 GIG HDD in there one is marked DATA?

Old March 4th 08, 03:01 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Bob Fay

"PWB" wrote in message
I have an acer 9300series laptop which I thought was 16 gig HDD why is
there 2 70 GIG HDD in there one is marked DATA?

Your Hard Drive is partitioned as a C and D drive, The D drive contains the
data files to back up your operating system . You can use the balance of
the D drive for your own storage. Good Idea to make a backup disk of this
data in case of hard drive failure.

Old March 4th 08, 08:29 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
PWB

"Bob Fay" wrote in message

"PWB" wrote in message
I have an acer 9300series laptop which I thought was 16 gig HDD why is
there 2 70 GIG HDD in there one is marked DATA?

Your Hard Drive is partitioned as a C and D drive, The D drive contains
the data files to back up your operating system . You can use the balance
of the D drive for your own storage. Good Idea to make a backup disk of
this data in case of hard drive failure.

so in actual fact theres only 70 gig?

Old March 4th 08, 04:02 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Bob Fay

"PWB" wrote in message

"Bob Fay" wrote in message

"PWB" wrote in message
I have an acer 9300series laptop which I thought was 16 gig HDD why is
there 2 70 GIG HDD in there one is marked DATA?

Your Hard Drive is partitioned as a C and D drive, The D drive contains
the data files to back up your operating system . You can use the
balance of the D drive for your own storage. Good Idea to make a backup
disk of this data in case of hard drive failure.

so in actual fact theres only 70 gig?

This is how it looks with my 60 gig drive.

Item Value
Drive C:
Description Local Fixed Disk
Compressed No
File System FAT32
Size 25.25 GB (27,113,701,376 bytes)
Free Space 13.00 GB (13,962,051,584 bytes)
Volume Name ACER
Volume Serial Number 0E4D13C3

Drive D:
Description Local Fixed Disk
Compressed No
File System FAT32
Size 25.73 GB (27,631,648,768 bytes)
Free Space 18.03 GB (19,364,593,664 bytes)
Volume Name ACERDATA
Volume Serial Number 12EA1119

You should have a similar breakdown of your two partitions, but with a
larger drive. 160 gig = 2 times 70 gig space for storage.

Bob