format hard drive from ntfs to fat 32

Old September 11th 06, 03:03 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
mackenoly

Default format hard drive from ntfs to fat 32

I have a new hard drive that I have partitioned,120gb,four
drives,g,h,i,j. some how I ended up with mtfs on the first drive(G) and
the rest have fat 32. I would like to remove the ntfs and put fat 32 on
G. could someone tell me how to do that. I would appreciate it very
much, thanks guys

Old September 11th 06, 03:18 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
GuessWho

"mackenoly" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a new hard drive that I have partitioned,120gb,four
drives,g,h,i,j. some how I ended up with mtfs on the first drive(G) and
the rest have fat 32. I would like to remove the ntfs and put fat 32 on
G. could someone tell me how to do that. I would appreciate it very
much, thanks guys

You can probably do it from Computer Management under Administrative Tools
in Control Panel.

Is there some reason you need FAT32? Why not just use NTFS for all the
partitions?

Wayne

Old September 11th 06, 06:03 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

You will need to boot from a floppy of preferably Win 98 startup then
in DOS mode at prompt, run the command "Fdisk" and this will give you 4
options from that dos menu to re-configure your hard drive to either
add/remove partitions that currently exist on your drive, the NTFS
Partition will probobly be displayed as NON-FAT partition's under
option 4 where you display hard drive info...for more help on this
topic refer to a site that provides answers about partitioning, or
download Partition Magic 8 or so...theres all kinds of help with this
simply by searching for it on google, or ask.com

Old September 12th 06, 12:09 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
DaveW

A person CAN upgrade a harddrive from FAT to NTSFS without uninstalling and
reinstalling the software on the harddrive. You CANNOT downgrade a
harddrive from NTFS to FAT without first reformatting the harddrive.

--
DaveW

----------------
"mackenoly" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a new hard drive that I have partitioned,120gb,four
drives,g,h,i,j. some how I ended up with mtfs on the first drive(G) and
the rest have fat 32. I would like to remove the ntfs and put fat 32 on
G. could someone tell me how to do that. I would appreciate it very
much, thanks guys

win 98 installation Franc Zabkar Storage (alternative) 3 September 6th 06 09:04 PM
Hard Drive Temperature Nehmo General 36 October 27th 05 12:35 AM
Norton Ghost - Clone Won't Work jimbo Homebuilt PC's 70 November 15th 04 01:56 AM
FDISK, HDD #s, don't know how to install two HDDs. sunslight Storage (alternative) 14 October 29th 03 07:56 PM