Power issue on 616 Acernote light

Old August 14th 04, 04:57 PM
Russ Keller

Default Power issue on 616 Acernote light

Hi folks. I could sure use your expertise on an issue I am having with a
Acernote light 616, 150mhz Pentium. I recently purchased this laptop
described as a working 120mhz machine. I believed it more likely that
it was a 150mhz. When the machine arrived (working nicely) I removed all
power from the machine, took the machine down to the processor,
removed the processor, checked its value, (I was correct it was a 150mhz)
and then put it back and completed the assembly of the machine. I've done
this many times on other machines with out problem.

At this point I returned power to the machine, hit the on switch, the green
power light came on, hard drive started, but no boot. Nothing on the screen.
Nothing to indicate that the bios booted the machine. No beeps, no squeels,
and no smoke. Ive carefully checked all connections and even
connected it to a full size monitor to be certain that it was not the Lcd
screen.

Any one have a clue what I am missing here?

--
Russ

A7N8X-X flashing power light EV27 Asus Motherboards 4 February 17th 05 04:29 AM
Won't Power Up after Power Outage Greg Lovern Homebuilt PC's 7 February 8th 04 01:47 PM
how to give energy to USB devices? with notebook off!!! andrea rossi General 10 September 12th 03 08:54 PM
Power Surge David LeBrun General 44 September 12th 03 02:35 AM
No Beeps, Power Light Stays on??? Smith General 5 September 9th 03 02:02 AM