Service Tag Original Configuration Doesn't Match Specs in Online Manual

Old March 19th 17, 02:57 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Boris[_5_]

Default Service Tag Original Configuration Doesn't Match Specs in Online Manual

I've got an Inspiron 7353 2-in-1 from Best Buy, shipped in June 2016 (to
Best Buy, I guess), and purchased in July 2016. It is a 6th generation i3.

When I enter the Service Tag number on the Dell Support site,and click on
System Configuration, it shows I3-6100U, 7353.

But, when I go to Manuals, Specifications, it shows

Inspiron 13-7353
Processor
6th Generation Intel Core i5
6th Generation Intel Core i7

Chipset
Integrated in the processor

Why the mis-match?

TIA
Old March 19th 17, 03:00 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Boris[_5_]

Boris wrote in
09.88:

I've got an Inspiron 7353 2-in-1 from Best Buy, shipped in June 2016
(to Best Buy, I guess), and purchased in July 2016. It is a 6th
generation i3.

When I enter the Service Tag number on the Dell Support site,and click
on System Configuration, it shows I3-6100U, 7353.

But, when I go to Manuals, Specifications, it shows

Inspiron 13-7353
Processor
6th Generation Intel Core i5
6th Generation Intel Core i7

Chipset
Integrated in the processor

Why the mis-match?

TIA

CNET also shows an i3.

https://www.cnet.com/products/dell-i...core-i3-6100u-
8-gb-ram-128-gb-ssd-english/specs/
Old March 19th 17, 11:27 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers[_4_]

On Saturday, March 18, 2017 at 10:00:04 PM UTC-4, Boris wrote:
I've got an Inspiron 7353 2-in-1 from Best Buy, shipped in June 2016 (to
Best Buy, I guess), and purchased in July 2016. It is a 6th generation i3.

When I enter the Service Tag number on the Dell Support site,and click on
System Configuration, it shows I3-6100U, 7353.

But, when I go to Manuals, Specifications, it shows

Inspiron 13-7353
Processor
6th Generation Intel Core i5
6th Generation Intel Core i7

Chipset
Integrated in the processor

Why the mis-match?

TIA

Boris, How about comparing the original configuration with the current one, using the Dell website tools. Any difference? Do you still have the bill-of-sale from Best Buy? What detail does it provide?
Old March 20th 17, 03:06 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Boris[_5_]

Ben Myers wrote in
:

[...]

Hi, Ben,

The original and current configuration, using the Dell website tools,
correctly identify my Service Tag, and both show this is an i3-7353,
6100U. A "Properties" on This PC also shows an i3-7353. The Best Buy
receipt is of no help, but the Best Buy webpage that I printed out at
time of purchasse also shows an i3 7353 2-in-1.

Strange. Only the Dell manual found on their support site shows that
this model's lowest processor is an i5.

Not all that important, just that I ran into this a few days ago. I
dowmloaded all the manuals when I originally purchased the laptop.
Old March 20th 17, 02:56 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ron Hardin

I bought a refurbished Dell (details forgotten)
that had a much slower processor than the service
tag said.

I returned it okay with a note that hey this has
the wrong processor.

I bought it and returned it again two more times,
when it went back up on the site, with the same
fast processor specs.

Lesson, nobody's in charge of straightening out
such mistakes.

I just avoided that model thereafter.