Credit Refund to Take Six Weeks after Receipt of Returned Item!

Old November 20th 03, 05:32 AM
Don Enderton

Default Credit Refund to Take Six Weeks after Receipt of Returned Item!

How long has it take you folks to get credit for items returned to Dell
within 30 days of purchase?

I returned a video card I purchased from Dell after close examination on
receipt showed it had only a 64 bit memory interface. (Any decent, not
bottom-of-the-line, nVidia FX5200 card should have a 128 but memory
interface, or it will be too slow.)

So Dell gave me an RMA or DSP number, I followed all the instructions on how
to place the number on the return address label and so forth, and sent it by
UPS to the address to which Dell instructed me to send it.

On Dell's web site it says to allow 10 to 15 business days (that's two to
three weeks) after Dell receives the item before credit is authorized.

UPS tracking shows Dell received the return two weeks ago. As my last
returned item, last year, never was credited to my account until I contacted
Dell, I decided I'd better contact Dell again this time. I sent Dell the
UPS tracking number and the name of the Dell employee who, according to UPS,
signed for the item two weeks ago.

Dell wrote back, tonight, that someone "added notes to your account
indicating the status of the return so that the credit may be processed" and
that from the date of receipt, I should "please allow 30 business days for
your credit to be returned to your original form of payment."

That's a long time, 30 business days. That's six weeks. I'm accustomed to
that time frame, or longer, for rebates, but not for refunds.

Six weeks after return of the item is, to me, not an acceptable standard of
business practice, and I told Dell so in my reply to their last note to me.

Again, how long has it taken for a credit refund to be processed, in your
experience, folks?

- Don

Old November 20th 03, 05:47 AM
Christopher Muto

you seem to have bad luck. as recently as last tuesday i received a new
latitude x300 with an extra "long life" battery... that battery is twice the
size of the standard battery and actually stick out of the machine and adds
two inches to the total size. the user didn't want the added size and
weight so i called dell for an rma to send it back and i shipped it out that
day... credit appeared on my account last friday. if you have a dell
account (order online and they are created) then you can track your order
history which includes returns.

Old November 20th 03, 05:51 AM
Diogenes The Tramp

"Don Enderton" wrote in message
How long has it take you folks to get credit for items returned to Dell
within 30 days of purchase?

Almost three months for me here in the UK

Old November 20th 03, 11:09 AM
WSZsr

By law Dell has 30 days to credit your account but they are typically faster
than that. My last credit on a D600 system took less than one week after
they received the return.

Old November 20th 03, 05:31 PM
Irene

Our only experience along those lines was the for a very small
item------under $25 and it two just under two months.
Not at all acceptable, but from those that I have talked to in the local
computer club and what I have read in this news group, that is about normal
for Dell.

Old November 20th 03, 05:35 PM
Irene

"By law" where?
I believe that varies from state to state.

Old November 20th 03, 05:51 PM
Irene

"it took just under two months".

Sorry. Off to bed and some needed sleep.

That should be

Old November 20th 03, 07:39 PM
Diogenes The Tramp

"Tom Scales" wrote in message
So you did finally get your refund from Dell? I must have missed your

post.

Tom

Stop trolling Tom, you actually replied to my post

http://www.google.com/groups?q=group....co.uk&rnum=28

Old November 20th 03, 11:58 PM
Tom Scales

My god, you need to get a life. I forgot about a post from almost a year ago
and you bothered to look? It's just that you still whine so much.

My mistake.