Dell faxed us a form to request a refund for a charge that never should have happened

Old November 13th 03, 03:32 PM
BlueRinse

Default Dell faxed us a form to request a refund for a charge that never should have happened

So I'll let you all know how quickly they respond to the filled out form.
I'm not thrilled with Dell using my money as an investment, but I do know
that more and more people are talking about the downhill path of service
and the fact that they charge credit cards immediately regardless of when
they can ship or an immediate order cancellation.

This is why I will never ever buy or recommend to anyone dealing with Dell
at the present time. This has nothing to do with the quality or lack of
quality of the product. We have one Dell PC that works ok so far except for
a small NIC irritation that I haven't been able to get fixed yet. My
problem with Dell is that they do not make any attempt to fix their mistake
and reimburse our small company for the abusive charge.
Old November 13th 03, 04:23 PM
Christopher Muto

another troll with all the same indicators... some horrible injustice that
is not explained salted with gripes about a problem that is not detailed...

.. .

Old November 13th 03, 04:43 PM
Irene

Don't let Chris deter you, to him and his group, anyone who complains about
Dell's failure to handle any problem promptly and correctly has got to be a
"troll".

.. .

Old November 13th 03, 04:52 PM
PC Gladiator

Sounds like a Dell credit card charge was made when an order was placed
versus when it ships. In this case, it sounds like the order may have even
been cancelled.

I have personal knowledge of a friend that had a Dell service charge for
nearly $300 for a motherboard installation long before it was done and the
person wasn't even aware it was inititated (lost in the translation I
guess). When I performed the motherboard install for them, they called to
get the charge reversed. Not sure how it all turned out but I'll have to
ask. In the course of the charge reversal conversation, it came out that
she was charged for *TWO* motherboard installs, not one. It wasn't bad
enough they were charged top dollar for a 1.5 year old motherboard that was
refurbed. They were out of warranty so they paid about $175 for it and was
never told it was a refurb part. I found that rather unscrupulous on Dell's
part. If in that case a new part isn't sent, then it appears Dell really
doesn't have new parts for customers. eBay has these motherboards listed
for 1/3 of what they were charged and they are new.

Moral of the story, if you're out of warranty don't call Dell unless you
absolutely have no other alternative. If you don't know computer repair,
then speak with somebody who does (hopefully a trusted friend) before taking
any action.

.. .

Old November 13th 03, 04:55 PM
PC Gladiator

Personally, I think you are more of a troll than they. Whenever you don't
like a posting, you scream troll.

If I had a nickel for everytime you called somebody a troll I'd be a rich
person.

"Christopher Muto" wrote in message
another troll with all the same indicators... some horrible injustice that
is not explained salted with gripes about a problem that is not

detailed...

.. .

Old November 13th 03, 06:04 PM
BlueRinse

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 08:43:31 -0800, Irene wrote:

Don't let .... deter you, to him and his group, anyone who complains about
Dell's failure to handle any problem promptly and correctly has got to be a
"troll".

Well I do live under a bridge

But I wouldn't have seen it had you not mentioned it since he started a new
thread. I think a lot of people are starting to realize that newsgroups,
especially those that are archived in Google, are a way to make
manufacturers hear complaints. I know a number of software developers who
read newsgroups to learn how to make better products. I also know major
software manufacturers like Macromedia that have staff in their newsgroups
waiting to help solve problems. If I had a reimbursement problem at
Macromedia, I would generally get a pointer to either name/phone or some
precise procedure as to what to do.

Here we had to make a long distance call to reach a sales rep who then had
to reasoned with to finally give up another phone number for accounting.
Accounting can not reimburse the sum they charged a pending order without
an extensive rigamarolle (sp?)

Why should we have chase someone down, be faxed a form and send it in to
get a reimbursement of a payment (in what time frame?) when the amount
*never* should have been charged. I can't be more specific than that!

As to the vague hardware problem, I haven't resorted to posing here yet,
but I am pursuing a solution. It entails having to reboot every other time
a certain network printer is used. Only one workstation on the LAN has the
problem (the Dell) and it would appear to be a bad NIC.
Old November 13th 03, 06:11 PM
Christopher Muto

irene, you once again missed my point and align yourself as a protector of
yet another anonymous poster with a half baked complaint. the problem with
this post and the many others similar worthless posts has nothing to do with
dell. it has to do with common sense and the most basic of abilities of
purchasing a product from any source. complaining isn't helping anyone.
asking a question usually results in an answer. posting such lame and
incomplete tales shatters any creditability that the op may actually have.
how on earth can you interpret what i write as a defender of dell and how
can you find it logical to defend someone that posts such hallow nonsense?
would you please direct you energy into helping to answer the actual
questions posted here rather than feed these trolls? you are welcome to have
the last word on this. thank you.

"Irene" wrote in message
Don't let Chris deter you, to him and his group, anyone who complains

about
Dell's failure to handle any problem promptly and correctly has got to be

"troll".

.. .

Old November 13th 03, 07:50 PM
Diogenes The Tramp

"BlueRinse" wrote in message
.. .
So I'll let you all know how quickly they respond to the filled out form.
I'm not thrilled with Dell using my money as an investment, but I do know
that more and more people are talking about the downhill path of service
and the fact that they charge credit cards immediately regardless of when
they can ship or an immediate order cancellation.

This is why I will never ever buy or recommend to anyone dealing with Dell
at the present time.

Ditto your sentiments but it's not something that's just started happening
recently - see for a post I wrote in
December of last year.

They ended up with an interest free loan of almost £2,000 from me for almost
three months.

And I never ended up with so much as a word of apology!

I'm happy with the Dell I've got, but buy from them again? You've gotta be
kidding.

Old November 13th 03, 10:20 PM
Irene

A.) Maybe your posts would be easier to understand and read if you took the
time to capitalize words that are supposed to be capitalized.

Did you miss the comment below that was directed to you? g

"Irene" wrote in message
Don't let Chris deter you, to him and his group, anyone who complains

about
Dell's failure to handle any problem promptly and correctly has got to

be
"troll".

.. .

Old November 13th 03, 10:26 PM
Irene

I'd be happy if his posts were just typed in a manner that they made sense
and could be read without having to re-build them first. My ten year old
grand daughter can do better. g

"Ogden Johnson III" wrote in message
"Christopher Muto" wrote:

another troll with all the same indicators... some horrible injustice

that
is not explained salted with gripes about a problem that is not

detailed...

Are you ever going to stop changing subject lines when you're still
replying to the original topic? A deplorable practice you seem to
have adopted lately.

For those of us who have our news clients set to "Start a new thread
when subject line changes", it screws us up when you do something like
just adding "[troll]" to the subject line. Particularly when we may
have already kill-filed the original thread.

I'd hate to lose the good stuff you post, but if putting you in the
twit filter is what it takes to eliminate your making editorial
comments or "correcting" the original poster's subject choice by
changing the subject line, I'll have to accept the loss.
--
OJ III
[Email sent to Yahoo addy is burned before reading.