Can't burn above 4x

Old September 24th 04, 07:56 PM
Vinicio Ascone

Default Can't burn above 4x

Help? anyone?

I've got a liteon cdrw(48xblabla), and I can't burn some brands of cds above
4x.(48x - 52x cds, ok?)

The fact is that some brands write at 48x without any problem and some
brands (forget quality issues) can't write above 4x. If I try write any
other speed but 4x, the burns aborts with error (8x or 48x, same error
msg...can't remember now the msg) I assume that these brands works fine
with everyone but me

All the aborts occurred at the same time, the first 4% of the process, when
the cd try to start the burning.
The drive began to squeeze and made a redundant sound like if it was trying
to focus the cd for burning or something (red light indicating
burning)......for about 2 minutes (this process consume nearly all the pc
resources) and abort with the cd useless because of the error.

So, anyone has this problem?

OS: winxp sp1 (I try reinstalling windows also)
soft: Nero (try old and new last versions)

Vinicio

Old September 24th 04, 08:36 PM
Mike Richter

Vinicio Ascone wrote:
[...]

I understand that when the program tells you what is wrong with an error
message, it isn't worth the trouble to pay attention. After all, what
does the software know about what's wrong when it can't solve it on its own.

On the other hand, the experts in this group who know what you mean when
describing sounds ('squeeze' 'redundant') surely can do better. They can
infer from abstract principles whether your drive is able to calibrate
the medium or not. Our psychic strength is surely sufficient to
determine whether you are writing audio or data, TAO or DAO, from hard
drive or another source.

Unfortunately, I am short on psychic skills at the moment and have a
terrible habit of reading error messages before attempting to resolve
faults. So I leave this to those who are not burdened with the need to
have contact with reality. I offer one double-barrelled suggestion,
though: if some media work, use them; if some do not, don't use them.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

Old September 24th 04, 10:28 PM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm... bubbanews.com
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com

( No Pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a LIBEL )
( -- despite Mikey claimed to have proof of misquotes !! )

Got no time to respond to this, Mikey?

========================
From: Curtis Croulet
Subject: had it with DirectCD
Date: 9/22/04

But got time for splattering, Asshole?

Mike Richter (Asshole) splattered:

Old September 25th 04, 01:33 AM
smh

Vinicio Ascone wrote:

[...]

If your log is similar to this, most likely the media is bad, rather
than Liteon not liking the media.

*** Log file ***

08:47:25 #9 Text 0 File DlgWaitCD.cpp, Line 2162
Recorder: MSI CD-RW CR52;
CDR code: 00 97 15 17; OSJ entry from: Ritek Co. === Not
Good Brand
ATIP Data:
Special Info [hex] 1: C0 00 90, 2: 61 0F 11 (LI
97:15.17), 3:

08:47:25 #19 Text 0 File Mmc.cpp, Line 20660
Set BUFE: Super Link - ON === SMART-BURN for
Liteon

Normal burns don't have these:
------------------------------

08:51:10 #20 SCSI -1106 File Cdrdrv.cpp, Line 1445
SCSI Exec, HA 1, TA 1, LUN 0, buffer 0x0A410000
HA-Status 0x00 (0x00, OK)
TA-Status 0x02 (0x01, SCSI_TASTATUS_CHKCOND)
Sense Key: 0x03 (KEY_MEDIUM_ERROR) === ERROR
Sense Code: 0x73
Sense Qual: 0x03
CDB Data: 0x2A 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x20 0x00
0x00
0x00
Sense Data: 0x71 0x00 0x03 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x0A
0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x73 0x03

08:51:10 #21 CDR -1106 File Writer.cpp, Line 304
Power calibration error === Caused by bad
brand?
Old September 30th 04, 06:49 PM
Vinicio Ascone

Ok, I get the point.

In the future, please..could you please be less sarcastic? it's doesn't help
anyone.

Old September 30th 04, 08:45 PM
smh

Vinicio Ascone wrote:

Ok, I get the point.

In the future, please..could you please be less sarcastic? it's doesn't help
anyone.

----------------
What an Asshole!
----------------

========================
And if you cant provide the guy any help then why give this BS
Reply ?

Looks like you have nothing better to do with your time.
So you just come in here and give the guy ****.

What a Ass Hole.

=================
I post here about once every six months and I tend to forget
what a sarcastic asshole you are Mike.

========================
You are a jerk

========================
what an arrogant asshole!

=========================
Go eat **** Mike !

You can go back years where a complete newbie has come and
asked advice and this **** has treated them like ****.
If you can't give a newbie (or anybody) advice without
being sarcastic then you shouldn't bother.

Mike the dyke

Hey, here's one for you: FOAD