Canoscan F4400 & Paperport 8

Old August 29th 07, 08:55 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
jmd

Default Canoscan F4400 & Paperport 8

hello,

I bought a new Canoscan to replace my old Medion
I use since years Paperport 8
but it seems it's unable to launch the Canoscan driver
any idea??

thanks!
jm

Old August 29th 07, 05:26 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
[email protected]

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 09:55:14 +0200, jmd
wrote:

hello,

I bought a new Canoscan to replace my old Medion
I use since years Paperport 8
but it seems it's unable to launch the Canoscan driver
any idea??

thanks!
jm

PaperPort 8 is pretty old now. PP11 is the latest and it is more than
a year old.

If PP8 came with your previous scanner, it may be a bundled "lite"
edition.

You don't say what you mean by "launch". If your scanner works with
your PC, then you should be able to scan into PP. You may have to
reinstall PP so that it recognises a new scanner that you have added
to your PC.

Given the lack of information you provide, it is hard to know what
else might be happening. I suggest a visit to the PaperPort
KnowledgeBase on the Nuance web site.

MK

Old August 29th 07, 06:44 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
jmd

wrote:

hello,

I bought a new Canoscan to replace my old Medion
I use since years Paperport 8
but it seems it's unable to launch the Canoscan driver
any idea??

thanks!
jm

PaperPort 8 is pretty old now. PP11 is the latest and it is more than
a year old.

"if it works, don't fix it"
:-)

If PP8 came with your previous scanner, it may be a bundled "lite"
edition.

it was bundled with the version 6 Lite, and I bought the licence for the version 8 "full"

You don't say what you mean by "launch". If your scanner works with
your PC, then you should be able to scan into PP. You may have to
reinstall PP so that it recognises a new scanner that you have added
to your PC.

it shows the Canon twain driver as available, but it hangs when I try to activate it.

I'll give a try for reinstallation, but I have already seen on other forums people
speaking of that problem with Canon & PP, and some had some tweaks, but I can't find them
anymore.. and so much sites & forums speaks of scanners & PP!!

Given the lack of information you provide, it is hard to know what
else might be happening. I suggest a visit to the PaperPort
KnowledgeBase on the Nuance web site.

MK

oh, they again changed of owner? gonna look, thanks for tip

Paperport 11 [email protected] Scanners 2 June 9th 06 11:51 PM
problem with Canoscan Toolbox & Canoscan 3200F fueldog Scanners 2 April 16th 05 09:58 PM
PaperPort -> PDF Ewa Scanners 6 February 7th 05 09:33 PM
Paperport 9 Eric J. Comeau Scanners 3 January 27th 05 11:41 AM
Paperport 10 Ike Fontenot Scanners 2 January 1st 05 06:22 PM