install old scanners on WIN-XP

Old August 21st 07, 07:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
R. Geraerts

Default install old scanners on WIN-XP

Hi Newsgroup,

first of all sorry for my english, it isn't my native language.

Ok, since my change from WIN98 to WIN-XP I have the following problems:

1. my HP Companion (C3989A) (printer port) can not be installed. HP says on
their Site that this scanner will not be supported anymore. But I don't want
to scrap it, because I like the feature to use it as a copier with my
LaserJet 4. My searches with google couldn't help me.

2. my Nikon Scantouch AX-1200 (SCSI) is quite old but it worked properly
under WIN98. For this scanner are also only drivers for WIN31 and WIN95
available. WIN-XP recognizes the scanner but I can not install the old
drivers (I think that's ok ;-) ). Nikon writes on their site this scanner is
not compatible to WIN-XP. Universal drivers I found with google won't work.

Does someone have an idea or a solution for me?

many thanks in advance
Ralf Geraerts

Old August 21st 07, 08:09 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
Cari

"R. Geraerts" wrote in message
[...]

You might want to try Vuescan... and see if that helps
http://www.hamrick.com/

XP and Vista like WIA to acquire/capture the images, Win9x relied soley on
Twain, hence the can/cannot use scenarios. If you're using a 64 bit O/S,
it's almost certain that scanners which only use Twain will not work.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

Old August 29th 07, 05:29 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
[email protected]

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 12:09:57 -0700, "Cari"
wrote:

"R. Geraerts" wrote in message
[...]

You don't even need to be 64 bit to lose a scanner. XP broke most
scanners that work through the parallel/ LPT port. No idea if that is
the case here. Too little information.

MK

Scanners Andy Petro Printers 6 January 5th 06 03:22 PM
Which of these A3 scanners are better? shawman Scanners 1 December 16th 05 08:52 AM
MMc installation trick. 1. install driver for the video card "vivo, aiw" reboot" 2. install ati dvd decoder. reboot 3. install mmc for all the thing that come with your videocard. buttom line. DDC Ati Videocards 7 August 4th 05 08:20 AM
Scanner help: can not install any scanner : is it possible to repair "still image" , i.e. scanners, part of registry in Windows XP without new installation? Bart van der Wolf Scanners 1 December 8th 03 06:27 AM
HP s20 scanners DEWorley Scanners 1 August 9th 03 09:27 PM