Getting Low Fan Speed From Matrox Parhelia 256 AGP

Old March 3rd 07, 01:48 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox
justin david

Default Getting Low Fan Speed From Matrox Parhelia 256 AGP

Does this mean the fan is dying, or could there be a problem with the
board itself?
Old March 3rd 07, 03:12 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox
Richard Hopkins

"justin david" wrote in message...
Does this mean the fan is dying, or could there be a problem
with the board itself?

Far more likely to be the fan than the board. Could simply mean that the fan
either needs a clean or a drop of oil in its bearings.
--

Richard Hopkins
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

Old March 3rd 07, 08:45 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox
justin david

On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 15:12:02 -0000, "Richard Hopkins"
wrote:

"justin david" wrote in message...
Does this mean the fan is dying, or could there be a problem
with the board itself?

Far more likely to be the fan than the board. Could simply mean that the fan
either needs a clean or a drop of oil in its bearings.

Thanks for the reply. I removed the fan and gave it a thorough
cleaning and a shot of silicone- I hope that will be the end of it. If
needed, do you think Matrox would sell me a fan for the Parhelia? I
don't need the square metal heatsink since the fan removes from it via
three screws. One of my more esoteric friends has informed me that
electronic and mechanical things tend to frazzle while Mercury is
retrograde...