Problem CPU amd

Old October 25th 06, 11:55 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
davide

Default Problem CPU amd

I have installed this on my MB asus A7V8X by kt400 today the processor AMD
3000+ in substitution of the older 2000+.
The problem is that after having received guarantees around its
compatibility with
my MB this evening after a careful and scrupulous "operation" of
substitution (pasta's use therma grease), to the reboot the system
it feeds the fan of the cpu it turns but the pc doesn't make the boot.
I have mistaken something, or it is a cpu defective someone knows me to help
or it has
done have a similar experience?
Thanks for the possible answers.

Davide

Old October 26th 06, 01:48 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Dylan C

davide wrote:
I have installed this on my MB asus A7V8X by kt400 today the processor AMD
3000+ in substitution of the older 2000+.
The problem is that after having received guarantees around its
compatibility with
my MB this evening after a careful and scrupulous "operation" of
substitution (pasta's use therma grease), to the reboot the system
it feeds the fan of the cpu it turns but the pc doesn't make the boot.
I have mistaken something, or it is a cpu defective someone knows me to help
or it has
done have a similar experience?
Thanks for the possible answers.

Davide

You may need to reset the CMOS. This is usually done with the CMOS
jumper. You can also remove the small battery and unplug the computer
from the wall for ~5-10 seconds. Either of these will clear the CMOS.

If this doesn't work, try reseating the CPU and memory. I assume from
your explanation that you had some trouble with the thermal paste. Its
important that you use only a very thin layer on top of the CPU die.
Too much can cause problems.

-Dylan C
Old October 26th 06, 09:25 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
davide

I have tried to reset the cmos to remove the battery and to clean with care
the CPU from the thermal grease, but the problem is not resolved the pc it
doesn't set out.
Thanks

Old October 26th 06, 10:47 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Dylan C

davide wrote:

[...]

Try the old CPU...does the PC boot with it?

-Dylan C

Old November 22nd 06, 10:08 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
don't look

you may need a bios update to get the correct voltage.

Yes with the old CPU is all ok.

Old November 29th 06, 05:08 PM
Bollen Bollen is offline
Junior Member

KT400 isn't overclockers choice ) For overclokcing this CPU u need Nforce2 mobo from ASUS, Gigabyte or Abit
Old December 9th 06, 04:33 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Man-wai Chang

Default Asus M2n-e

Bollen wrote:
Is this Socket AM2 mobo good for overclocking? (I've already owned
Sempron 3000+ and looking for a good motherboard) TIA

There is a long thread in Anandtech ...

http://forums.anandtech.com/messagev...readid=1908388

--
.~. Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY. http://www.linux-sxs.org