Is Plextor Plextools worth installing with a Plextor drive if you already have Nero 7?

Old November 29th 06, 09:38 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
KingCronos

Default Is Plextor Plextools worth installing with a Plextor drive if you already have Nero 7?

Is there anything on this, that Nero 7 had not got? I dont want to fill
my pc full of junk, having just rebuilt it. I will only install it if
it adds something substantial, that Nero does not already have.

KC

Old November 30th 06, 04:19 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

KingCronos wrote:

Is there anything on this, that Nero 7 had not got? I dont want to fill
my pc full of junk, having just rebuilt it. I will only install it if
it adds something substantial, that Nero does not already have.

Two things I am aware of that only Plextools can do are VariRec burning
that's supposed to make better audio cd, and C1/C2 error scan if your
burner reports the errors.
..

Mike Richter - the Slimiest Lying Friggin SOB (UDF)

The slimiest lying friggin SOB Mike Richter has been for YEARS
blaming the UDF -- to weasel out the bugs of DirectCD:

UDF is a fragile format
UDF is an unreliable format

the format is very fragile and unreliable
The format is bad - it loses data
The fault is not with the software but with the format

There is an inherent problem in UDF
Packet writing is the same as UDF.

I have used only DCD for packet writing,
have had no problems due to the software
- but too many due to the format itself

to bother with it any longer.

But then again:

======================
From: Mike Richter (the Slimiest Lying Friggin ****)
Date: 5/4/06
Subject: UDF Has just bit me in the bum

I have used UDF for many years, but yesterday I had my first
corruption. I am now wondering whether to bother with UDF

First, your problem is not with UDF
======================

-------------------------------
Wow! What a slimy friggin SOB!
Mikey, you are the Slimiest Lying Friggin SOB!
Old December 1st 06, 09:08 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Mike Richter

KingCronos wrote:
Is there anything on this, that Nero 7 had not got? I dont want to fill
my pc full of junk, having just rebuilt it. I will only install it if
it adds something substantial, that Nero does not already have.

I find it worthwhile not for burning discs but for evaluating the burn.
OTOH, I have not tried writing with it so may find it desirable when I do.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/
Old December 1st 06, 01:01 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,comp.publish.cdrom.software
smh

Default Mike Richter - the Slimiest Lying Friggin SOB (Plextools)

Mike Richter (the Slimiest Lying Friggin ****) crapped:

KingCronos wrote:
Is there anything on this, that Nero 7 had not got?

I find it worthwhile not for burning discs but for evaluating the burn.

Have you run Plextools, Mikey?

"Unfortunately, I'm not running Plextools"

======================
From: Mike Richter (the Slimiest Lying Friggin ****)
Date: 8/10/05

James Perrett wrote:

Are you using the 1210S to measure errors? If so then I'm not
surprised that you don't see any C1 errors because it can't
report them.

I thought I'd try Mike's advice so I measured a known bad disc
in a Plextor PX712 drive (which supports C1 and C2 error
reporting) with the latest version of CDSpeed (4.01).

The Plextor drives that measure C1/C2 error rates come with
Plextools

I took a look at the error report on your web page. That's
exactly the kind of display I get from CDSpeed on a bad disc.
But, in my tests, Plextools show plenty of C1 errors leading
up to those C2 errors so I can fairly confidently say that
CDSpeed isn't reading the error count correctly.

Do you ever see any C1 errors with CDSpeed on your machines?

I recall having seen C1 errors on earlier versions of CDSpeed

Unfortunately, I'm not running Plextools and therefore have no
further information to offer.
======================
'
-------------------------------
Wow! What a slimy friggin SOB!
-------------------------------

Old December 1st 06, 09:20 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Gerry_uk

Hi,

Nero 7 is the bloat, Plextools is excellent and uses far less system
resources. The only annoyance with Plextools is that it won't run
without Admin rights. I wrote to them about it at least twice.

Old December 3rd 06, 01:16 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,comp.publish.cdrom.software
smh

Mike Richter (the Slimiest Lying Friggin ****) crapped (12/1/06):

From: Mike Richter (the Slimiest Lying Friggin ****)
Date: 8/10/05

James Perrett wrote:

Are you using the [Plextor] 1210S to measure errors? If so
then I'm not surprised that you don't see any C1 errors
because it can't report them.

I thought I'd try Mike's advice so I measured a known bad disc
in a Plextor PX712 drive (which supports C1 and C2 error
reporting) with the latest version of CDSpeed (4.01).

The Plextor drives that measure C1/C2 error rates come with
Plextools

I took a look at the error report on your web page. That's
exactly the kind of display I get from CDSpeed on a bad disc.

CDSpeed does not support Plextor drives.

But, in my tests, Plextools show plenty of C1 errors leading
up to those C2 errors so I can fairly confidently say that
CDSpeed isn't reading the error count correctly.

CDSpeed shows *zero* C1 errors with drives not supported (or drives
not reporting C1 errors).

.
Do you ever see any C1 errors with CDSpeed on your machines?

I recall having seen C1 errors on earlier versions of CDSpeed

Plextor drives are not supported in *any* version of CDSpeed.
CDSpeed shows *zero* C1 errors with Plextor drives.

Unfortunately, I'm not running Plextools and therefore have no
further information to offer.

Plextor 1210S does not report C1 errors. The Plextools bundled with
the drive does not even have the functionality to report C1 errors.
'
Wow! What a slimy friggin SOB!