FYI a workaround for Dymo 320 LabelWriter on Windows 7 and 8

Old January 17th 14, 04:31 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Roy Hann

Default FYI a workaround for Dymo 320 LabelWriter on Windows 7 and 8

It is not possible to install the Dymo 320 LabelWriter drivers on
Windows 7 owing to changes in Microsoft support for its USB chipset.

Supposedly certain models of the 320 are supported according
to Dymo but in spite of having one of the "supported" models I was
unable to install successfully.

Luckily I have a NAS that is capable of acting as a print server. The
underlying OS of my NAS is a very stripped-down Linux so what follows
should work for any Linux host not just the Thecus 5200 I use.

I simply plugged the 320 into a USB port on the NAS where it was
immediately identified as a Dymo LabelWriter 320.

I then installed the Dymo application (but not the driver) on Windows 7.

When I started the application it found no printer but when I opened
File Change Printer it showed me the remote Dymo printer on the NAS.

With the remote printer chosen everything just works! Happy day.

FYI. YMMV.

If you want to know more you can try emailing me at
roy[at]grave-rabbit[dot]co[dot.[uk]

Roy

PS: Why not post this on one of the many Dymo or Microsoft web forums?
Well (a), why? And (b) I tried but my registration attempt was ignored
and I lost intersted in screwing with it.

Old January 17th 14, 10:46 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
David H. Lipman

From: "Roy Hann"

[...]

Another thing to do is use a USB to Ethernet Print Server. I have placed a
Brother P-Touch printer on a HP JetDirect 310x to share it on a network.

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

Dymo [email protected] Printers 0 March 16th 07 02:17 AM
Dymo dramas MonoJoker Printers 0 September 19th 05 09:55 AM
Dymo 330 Turbo, anyone using this? Amplewave Printers 2 June 30th 04 06:52 AM
Dymo LabelWriter 330 Unicode Printing Question Mike Chia Printers 1 June 20th 04 09:22 PM