A7V8X-MX

Old July 28th 03, 10:49 AM
Paul

Default A7V8X-MX

In article et, "Skyway"
wrote:

Is the -MX motherboard functionally equivalent to the -X motherboard?
Does it use the same BIOS updates, etc? I can't find any
specific support for the -MX (micro ATX) board.
Any feedback is appreciated.

MX uses KM400 chipset. Northbridge has some kind of S3 graphics core.
-X uses KT400 chipset. No graphics in Northbridge.

BIOS is unlikely to be the same.

Go here, then click the "All" button. You get 12 files in all.
http://www.asus.com.tw/support/downl...lName=A7V8X-MX

If in a hurry, you'll find the manual down here. (Note that the copy
of the manual on the Taiwan FTP site is corrupted, but this time
I'm not going to waste my time emailing TSD to tell them.)

http://www.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/sock...0_a7v8x-mx.pdf

HTH,
Paul