Nero Backitup

Old August 3rd 03, 06:07 AM
Michael Skuczas

Default Nero Backitup

Anyone here try Nero's BackItUp? I tried backing up a bit over 21 GB of
files. From what I read in the help file it's susppose to be able to do
multi-disc backup. Well my copy doesn't and it's the latest files they
posted on thier website. After compressing and then verifying the compressed
files, it quits bitching that it can't fit it on one blank disc(DVD-R). So
much for a backup program, I wrote them an email to support. I hope to get
an answer this week. Like I told them, the backup prg was a selling point
for me.

Mike Skuczas

Old August 4th 03, 07:51 PM

Michael Skuczas wrote:
: Anyone here try Nero's BackItUp? I tried backing up a bit over 21 GB of
: files. From what I read in the help file it's susppose to be able to do
: multi-disc backup. Well my copy doesn't and it's the latest files they
: posted on thier website. After compressing and then verifying the compressed
: files, it quits bitching that it can't fit it on one blank disc(DVD-R). So
: much for a backup program, I wrote them an email to support. I hope to get
: an answer this week. Like I told them, the backup prg was a selling point
: for me.

Are you sure you're doin' it right? It spans CDRW just fine.

Jamie

Old August 5th 03, 03:10 PM
Michael Skuczas

I checked the Nero website, my drive is not on the list there. I can do
regular burns but no BackItUp. I tried using a CD-R and CD-RW, said the
media does not support Track At Once. Go figure. My drive is an Optorite
DD0203 DVD +- R/RW. Nero Info tool says it supports track at once among
other things. I tried a reinstall where first told it to get rid of Nero
then I installed it. Burning Rom seems to work but I have tried the other
features other than BackItUP.

Mike Skuczas
wrote in message
news

Old August 6th 03, 04:02 PM
Michael Skuczas

May have found the source of BackItUp's problem, I have a copy of B's
Recorder Gold5. On the chance that may be the source I removed it. Haven't
tried compressed yet but it let me start an uncompressed backup. I guess it
one of those conflicts that doesn't even need the other software to be
running to cause problems.

Mike Skuczas
"Michael Skuczas" wrote in message
I checked the Nero website, my drive is not on the list there. I can do
regular burns but no BackItUp. I tried using a CD-R and CD-RW, said the
media does not support Track At Once. Go figure. My drive is an Optorite
DD0203 DVD +- R/RW. Nero Info tool says it supports track at once among
other things. I tried a reinstall where first told it to get rid of Nero
then I installed it. Burning Rom seems to work but I have tried the other
features other than BackItUP.

Mike Skuczas
wrote in message
news

Old August 9th 03, 11:43 PM
Michael Skuczas

Well after starting a compressed backup and then cancelling it, I felt that
was the end of my problems, WRONG! Today I tried doing the backup of 20.84
GB. After waiting over 2 hrs for it to compress and then verify the files I
was surprised with the Compilation can not fit onto a blank disc message.
Well I wasn't going to mess with the CD option since I already know that it
will tell me that the media dosen't support track at once. So anyway, what
is the proper way to totally remove all of Nero v6 from my system so I'll
give maybe one more try. CD burning and DVD burning regular no problem, but
BackItUp sucks.

[...]

wrote in message
news