REPOST Which of these two cases would u recommend?

Old December 14th 06, 05:44 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Atreju

Default REPOST Which of these two cases would u recommend?

Cooler Master Elite 330 or the Centurion 5?

The Elite 330 is slightly smaller in height which I like, and also the
Centurion's included front fan is 80 not 120, I am not sure if that's
sufficient.

The Centurion seems to be designed for someone who is going to stack a
dozen drives inside. I really don't need that much room for the unit
I'm building... and I never will.

Any specific advantages that I'm unaware of with one or the other? I'm
inclined toward the 330 only because of its smaller size.

Please advise. I'm getting ready to start ordering merchandise and I
never like being dissatisfied with something.

Thanks!

---Atreju---
Old December 14th 06, 08:41 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
OSbandito

Atreju wrote:

the Centurion's included front fan is 80 not 120, I am not sure if that's
sufficient.

In my view, the front fan is almost irrelevant. You need a high-volume,
reliable exhaust fan on the rear.
Old December 14th 06, 10:02 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
JAD

"Atreju" wrote in message
Cooler Master Elite 330 or the Centurion 5?

The Elite 330 is slightly smaller in height which I like, and also the
Centurion's included front fan is 80 not 120, I am not sure if that's
sufficient.

The Centurion seems to be designed for someone who is going to stack a
dozen drives inside. I really don't need that much room for the unit
I'm building... and I never will.

you answered your own question. to hell with the 80/120 fan difference

Old December 14th 06, 10:32 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Atreju

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 14:02:08 -0800, "JAD"
wrote:

"Atreju" wrote in message
.. .
Cooler Master Elite 330 or the Centurion 5?

The Elite 330 is slightly smaller in height which I like, and also the
Centurion's included front fan is 80 not 120, I am not sure if that's
sufficient.

The Centurion seems to be designed for someone who is going to stack a
dozen drives inside. I really don't need that much room for the unit
I'm building... and I never will.

you answered your own question. to hell with the 80/120 fan difference

I don't quite follow - do you recommend the Centurion (as does another
person who posted a reply)?

Old December 14th 06, 10:41 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

Atreju wrote:

I don't quite follow - do you recommend the Centurion (as does
another person who posted a reply)?

Without looking. Just be sure to get a case that cools the hard
drives with the front intake fan.

Too much room is hardly a problem.
Old December 14th 06, 11:13 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
JAD

"Atreju" wrote in message
On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 14:02:08 -0800, "JAD"
wrote:

"Atreju" wrote in message
.. .
Cooler Master Elite 330 or the Centurion 5?

The Elite 330 is slightly smaller in height which I like, and also the
Centurion's included front fan is 80 not 120, I am not sure if that's
sufficient.

The Centurion seems to be designed for someone who is going to stack a
dozen drives inside. I really don't need that much room for the unit
I'm building... and I never will.

you answered your own question. to hell with the 80/120 fan difference

I don't quite follow - do you recommend the Centurion (as does another
person who posted a reply)?

If you LIKE the Elite 330 (and it has a decent power supply which you didn't mention) and the
centurion is too big and not needed and the only thing that is a determining factor is the fan size
which I said makes little difference, then haven't you aswered your own question?

The power supply is thee most important hardware in the rig.

Old December 15th 06, 02:03 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Atreju

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 12:44:37 -0500, Atreju
wrote:

Cooler Master Elite 330 or the Centurion 5?

The Elite 330 is slightly smaller in height which I like, and also the
Centurion's included front fan is 80 not 120, I am not sure if that's
sufficient.

The Centurion seems to be designed for someone who is going to stack a
dozen drives inside. I really don't need that much room for the unit
I'm building... and I never will.

Any specific advantages that I'm unaware of with one or the other? I'm
inclined toward the 330 only because of its smaller size.

Please advise. I'm getting ready to start ordering merchandise and I
never like being dissatisfied with something.

Thanks!

---Atreju---

I ended up getting the Elite 330 and it looks like I'll be very happy
with it.

Thanks for all the advice everyone gave me.

---Atreju---

Which of these two cases would u recommend? Atreju Homebuilt PC's 0 December 13th 06 06:51 PM
metal cases [email protected] General 67 September 1st 06 11:58 PM
High end aluminum cases look good, but what about noise? Blackstone Overclocking 3 July 4th 06 01:00 AM
PC cases - Expensive or Ugly or both - Where did all the decent cases go? Noozer General 6 March 26th 06 05:55 AM
Anyone on the fence about getting the chieftec large tower cases - get one Lane Lewis General 0 November 18th 03 07:55 AM