If you have recently purchased a custom built computer from.............

Old January 26th 06, 01:51 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware

Default If you have recently purchased a custom built computer from.............

Alienware, IBuyPower, ABS, Cyberpower, TigerDirect I would appreciate
feedback. Not only on the hardware itself, but service after the sale.
Please feel free to give both positive and negative feedback. I'm
looking at a middle to upper middle system, and all prices from the
above are pretty close, so looking for the best quality and service.
If you have other builders that you like better that fall into the
price range of those listed, would be interested in that too.

Old January 26th 06, 02:04 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware

my first alienware didn't last 30 days, returned it and upgraded, this
one has gone over the 30 day period, far too soon to judge it. service
after the sale? stinks...sux...get my drift? If I was starting out
knowing what I know, I would remove alienware from my consideration
list.

Old January 26th 06, 02:47 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware

wrote:

Alienware, IBuyPower, ABS, Cyberpower, TigerDirect I would appreciate
feedback. Not only on the hardware itself, but service after the sale.
Please feel free to give both positive and negative feedback. I'm
looking at a middle to upper middle system, and all prices from the
above are pretty close, so looking for the best quality and service.
If you have other builders that you like better that fall into the
price range of those listed, would be interested in that too.

Quality has nothing to do with where you buy it, rather what
specific parts are in (systems we have no idea about since
they aren't mentioned piece-by-piece). On the other hand if
they don't mention specific parts brands and models, it's
commonly a sign they didn't feel it was a selling point, a
weak part adding no perceived value to the system.

Check http://www.resellerratings.com for buyer feedback.
Beware of any sites with very few user reports and ignore
the positive reports, focusing more on the negative ones-
whether the reporter seems like nutcase with no mental
faculties or a normal customer with a legitimate complaint
that wasn't addressed reasonably.

In general, I'd avoid Tiger Direct, but then again in
general I'd buy any mid-grade or better system by chosing
the specific parts desired from someplace like newegg
instead of a bundle.