Asus board for video card?

Old January 4th 06, 05:40 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Default Asus board for video card?

I recently purchased an ATI X850XT AGP video card. My problem is that the
card is extra thick (large cooling fan...
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/S...nx850xtpeagp/4) and takes
up the first available PCI slot under the AGP slot.

My question is, does a motherboard exist that has more gap between the AGP
and first PCI to accomodate these chubby video cards? It would be nice if
the motherboard had built-in network and sound (I need 2 sound cards) as to
leave more options for future card (already have a modem and soundblaster
5.1 card taking up 2 slots (no room left for anything else). My current
MOBO only has three PCI slots, and the video card covers one of them.

- Prometheu Xex

Old January 4th 06, 08:25 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Prometheus Xex wrote:
I recently purchased an ATI X850XT AGP video card. My problem is that the
card is extra thick (large cooling fan...
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/S...nx850xtpeagp/4) and takes
up the first available PCI slot under the AGP slot.

My question is, does a motherboard exist that has more gap between the AGP
and first PCI to accomodate these chubby video cards? It would be nice if
the motherboard had built-in network and sound (I need 2 sound cards) as to
leave more options for future card (already have a modem and soundblaster
5.1 card taking up 2 slots (no room left for anything else). My current
MOBO only has three PCI slots, and the video card covers one of them.

- Prometheu Xex

While the P5P800 does not have the extra space you inquired about, it
does have 5 PCI slots so you would still have 4 available. It also has
on board sound and gigabyte LAN.
Old January 5th 06, 01:16 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Looks like a nice board. I decided to take this to
news:alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus as it is probably more appropriate.
Thanks for the advice.

- Prometheus Xex