Display Drivers for a Compaq Presario 1200 1200-xl110

Old December 9th 03, 04:13 AM
Harry Edwards

Default Display Drivers for a Compaq Presario 1200 1200-xl110

Well, my mom comes home and dumps a Preasrio laptop on my desk and
told me to fix it. The whole thing is hosed so I reformatted.
There's no modem, and no NIC, and Compaq doesn't have the display
drivers on its website. Where am I supposed to get them?
Old December 9th 03, 07:57 AM
the yeti

here is the link::

http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/documen...c00007177&cat=

Compaq Presario PCs - Display Driver Support Handled by VIA

ISSUE:

Trident and VIA jointly developed the MVP4 and CBi7 graphics for some
Presario desktop and portable systems.

Due to a change in the business relationship between VIA and Trident,
VIA now handles all support of these display drivers.

This issue affects the Presario 1246, 1247, 1277, 1278, 1279, 12XL1xx
series, 12XL2xx series, 7300 series, and 7400 series

SOLUTION:

Release date: April 2001; Revision: 0

Please contact VIA at the following Web sites for any updated drivers:
http://www.via.com.tw or http://www.via.com.tw/drivers/index.htm

NOTE: The information in this document, including products and
software versions, is current as of the Release Date. This document is
subject to change without notice.

Old December 9th 03, 02:19 PM
Harry Edwards

On 8 Dec 2003 22:57:20 -0800, (the yeti)
wrote:

[...]

Thanks. I imagine all their drivers are the same, since there's only
one integrated download? Now I remember why I despise Compaq...
They're worse than dealing with Chrysler. I'm surprised they don't
make you buy a new driver CD. Gateway, Dell, even Apple all have
drivers on their websites. not Compaq.
Old December 9th 03, 05:14 PM
Harry Edwards

wrote:

[...]

I have the display and audio drivers. Now I need the modem, and PCI
to ISA bridge driver. I'm guessing the "PCI communications device" is
the modem I can't finr drivers for, and I don't know how to explain
the PCI ISA bridge. I don't understand why its not on their website.

Old December 10th 03, 12:14 AM
the yeti

Download a program called AIDA32.

The link is http://www.aida32.hu/aida32.php

You can run the program accross a network or from a CD ROM

Use this tool to find out the chipset of the drivers you are missing
and download the necessary drivers from the chipset manufactures.

$10 says you have a Lucent WinModem, Google "generic lucent modem
driver" and that should work for you. Its available on Agree/Lucent's
web site.
Old December 10th 03, 05:24 AM
Harry Edwards

On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 15:14:23 -0800, the yeti wrote:

Download a program called AIDA32.

The link is http://www.aida32.hu/aida32.php

You can run the program accross a network or from a CD ROM

Use this tool to find out the chipset of the drivers you are missing
and download the necessary drivers from the chipset manufactures.

$10 says you have a Lucent WinModem, Google "generic lucent modem
driver" and that should work for you. Its available on Agree/Lucent's
web site.

I think I have it. I found another person with the same problem. I
downloaded those drivers and it rowked. Now I have another device in
Device Manager I can't find... "PCI standard ISA bridge" Yellow
exclebation point. I don't know where to get the drivers for
that.