ASROCK motherboards, are they any good

Old June 17th 04, 06:38 PM
Goran Boo

Default ASROCK motherboards, are they any good

hey,
Can anybody tell are the Asrock motherboards any good
I'm planning on buying a PC and some guys offering
me an ASROCK P4I65GV, with intel 800 chipset, ATA 133, AGP 8x?
Please Help Thnx, Boo

Old June 17th 04, 07:01 PM
Pen

Asrock is the Asus "Bargain Line".
Fine as far as I know, but not bleeding edge.

Old June 17th 04, 07:04 PM
Goran Boo

Thanx man. A question: So what, theyre not tested as ASUS and they don't
last as asus, or something else?

Old June 17th 04, 07:28 PM
Pen

NO, just not the latest greatest stuff. It's the
value line, built to a price. Has onboard video, sound,
AMR and LAN. Only 3 PCI slots. No SATA.
http://www.asrockamerica.com/Products/P4i65gv.htm

Old June 17th 04, 07:30 PM
Goran Boo

Thanks man, thanks a lot
Greetings from Croatia

Old June 17th 04, 07:56 PM
Pen

You're welcome, from USA/Maine.

"Goran Boo" wrote in message
Thanks man, thanks a lot
Greetings from Croatia

Old June 18th 04, 04:25 AM
Michael Culley

"Goran Boo" wrote in message ...
NO, just not the latest greatest stuff. It's the
value line, built to a price. Has onboard video, sound,
AMR and LAN. Only 3 PCI slots. No SATA.
http://www.asrockamerica.com/Products/P4i65gv.htm

All that is probably ok except I would recommend steering clear of onboard video.

--
Michael Culley

Old June 18th 04, 11:51 AM
Art Leonard

Michael Culley wrote:
"Goran Boo" wrote in message ...

NO, just not the latest greatest stuff. It's the
value line, built to a price. Has onboard video, sound,
AMR and LAN. Only 3 PCI slots. No SATA.
http://www.asrockamerica.com/Products/P4i65gv.htm

All that is probably ok except I would recommend steering clear of onboard video.

--
Michael Culley

Any particular reason?

Art Leonard
Old June 18th 04, 11:45 PM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

Art Leonard wrote:
Michael Culley wrote:
"Goran Boo" wrote in message

NO, just not the latest greatest stuff. It's the
value line, built to a price. Has onboard video, sound,
AMR and LAN. Only 3 PCI slots. No SATA.
http://www.asrockamerica.com/Products/P4i65gv.htm

All that is probably ok except I would recommend steering clear of
onboard video.

--
Michael Culley

Any particular reason?

Art Leonard

Apart from the fact it's usually rubbish, it munches system RAM. Say you
only have 128MB (unlikely these days), as much as a quarter of it could be
wasted on the on board graphics chip. As a fairly decent graphics card can
be purchased for around £50, it's a pointless waste.

Old June 19th 04, 12:58 AM
Art Leonard

Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:

Art Leonard wrote:

Michael Culley wrote:

"Goran Boo" wrote in message

NO, just not the latest greatest stuff. It's the
value line, built to a price. Has onboard video, sound,
AMR and LAN. Only 3 PCI slots. No SATA.
http://www.asrockamerica.com/Products/P4i65gv.htm

All that is probably ok except I would recommend steering clear of
onboard video.

--
Michael Culley

Any particular reason?

Art Leonard

Apart from the fact it's usually rubbish, it munches system RAM. Say you
only have 128MB (unlikely these days), as much as a quarter of it could be
wasted on the on board graphics chip. As a fairly decent graphics card can
be purchased for around £50, it's a pointless waste.

Hi, the Asrock boards I have installed recently have a pretty decent
onboard video system. It is adjustable regarding the amount of shared
memory from 4-64 meg. I have tested these systems with sustained frame
rates of 30 - 60 fps using standard bench programs. I find it impressive
that the board + 512meg ddr ram costs about $100 US and there is no need
to buy any additional adapter cards... a decent low end system.
Certainly not a pointless waste to those needing to stay within a budget.

Art Leonard

Lexmark Laser Printer, good choice over HP and Brother? Miguel Angel General 2 May 20th 04 01:37 PM
Are 19" Princeton LCD any good? cyber General 0 March 17th 04 04:26 AM
Good Deals Online Jeroen General 3 December 7th 03 07:48 AM
- Store ran out of ECS mb's, gave me ASRock instead... good or bad? The Cerebral Ass © General 6 September 11th 03 12:22 PM
What about ASUS and ECS motherboards? [email protected] General 6 July 26th 03 11:56 PM