Error message: "Unable to initialize media library" in MMC 8.9

Old April 20th 04, 09:14 PM
Ralph O'Rourke

Default Error message: "Unable to initialize media library" in MMC 8.9

Hardwa ATI A-I-W 8500dv; ATI Remote, AMD 2400+ CPU w/ 512MB DDR RAM

Whereas media library worked OK in the past, I am unable to get Media
Library to load, search and display files (don't ask what i have
installed/uninstalled--I can't begin to tell you). I get the above
error message.

Yes I am familiar with the missing .DLL atioops.dll in v. MMC7.x, but
this is using version MMC8.9 and all current drivers, etc... I even
looked in the folder and atioops.dll is present and is the correct
version--v8.901.

I have reinstalled WinXP several times.

I also ran the commend "regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\ATI
Multimedia\MLibrary\Atioops.dll" from the RUN line...and STILL media
Library won't open.

As you know, ATI is absolutely NO help is this matter, tells me to use
version MMC 8.1 and wants me to pay $XX for tech supoort.

Has anyone had this problem with a recent version of MMC and know what
the workaround is?

===========================

Old April 21st 04, 03:07 AM
Gordon Scott

Ralph O'Rourke wrote:

[...]

did you run this past the ATI website faq/knowledgebase?
Old April 22nd 04, 07:44 PM
Ralph O'Rourke

Ralph O'Rourke wrote:

[...]

Of course!! That's why I have posted this here. Why? Did I miss
something in the faq/knowledge base? There are two cites in the FAQ
about this: 1. use MMC 8.1 or above, and 2.) use our tech assistance
at $39 per instance.