Radeon 9800XT drivers

Old April 6th 04, 09:31 PM
Noozer

"Bill Wood" wrote in message
Thanks for reading this. I just built a new comp. Intel
875 motherboard
P4 3.4 proc
1 gig of crucial ram
Radeon 9800xt
I had to install the drivers that came with the card ver 6.14.10.6378

or
cat 3.7, because i wasn't connected to the internet yet. I'm amazed at how
well everything works and I'm scared to install the new 4.3 drivers on

their
website. Would I gain anything by installing the new drivers or should I
just let it alone. Thanks. BC

Why couldn't you just live with 640x480 until you got online?

Follow the instructions that come with the drivers and it should work fine.

Old April 6th 04, 10:37 PM
Idbbs01

Thanks for reading this. I just built a new comp. Intel
875 motherboard
P4 3.4 proc
1 gig of crucial ram
Radeon 9800xt
I had to install the drivers that came with the card ver 6.14.10.6378 or
cat 3.7, because i wasn't connected to the internet yet. I'm amazed at how
well everything works and I'm scared to install the new 4.3 drivers on their
website. Would I gain anything by installing the new drivers or should I
just let it alone. Thanks. BC

I'm still runnung the 3.7's with my 9800Pro. Ive tried all versions as they
come out and seem to end up back with the 3.7's for one reason or another. I
have yet to find a problem with them but find many with the newer versions.

Old April 7th 04, 07:49 PM
Wblane

Do the 3.7's work w/COD (Call of Duty)? I seem to remember the 3.10's didn't
work w/COD (at least for me).

Old April 7th 04, 08:14 PM
SLB

"Idbbs01" wrote in message
[...]

I ran cat 3.7 for months then went to the latest 4.3 ... ive had
ZERO probs with 4.3 on my ATI 9800 XT 256