Armada M700 power problems

Old January 8th 05, 08:53 PM
Kooky45

Default Armada M700 power problems

I have seen others complaining about their Compaq Armada M700 laptops
refusing to boot. My one has the same problem. If I start it on
battery alone then there is no drive activity but the caps, num and
scroll lock lights all flash. If I start it on AC then the capslock,
numlock and scoll lock lights stay on but now the power and charging
lights flash. I've tried disconnecting the RTC battery for a while to
see if that cures it, and I've taken the laptop apart and reseated the
power board and all the cables. None of these has cured it. I can't
get the FN+F11 combination do anything either. Does anyone know I
it's possible to tell if there is a hardware failure, perhaps the
power board, without having to take it for a service? If not, can you
recommend anyone near Edinburgh in Scotland with experience of these
laptops who can fix it for me?
Old October 20th 05, 09:30 AM
awadat

please can you tell me what was the problemds, with your compaq armada
laptop and how did you fix it, I have the same exact problem, don't
know if it is worth repairing or not.

Regards,

Robert

FA: 3 Compaq Armada M700 laptops - GREAT PRICE! FREE SHIPPING IN THE USA!!! TrueAmerican General 1 December 5th 04 06:20 AM
power problems gregork General 4 December 29th 03 12:45 AM
Happy Birthday America SST Ati Videocards 336 November 27th 03 08:54 PM
Happy Birthday America SST Nvidia Videocards 336 November 27th 03 08:54 PM