Armada M700 - worth loading XP?

Old February 24th 04, 09:13 PM
Jonathan E

Default Armada M700 - worth loading XP?

Hi

I've resurrected an old Compaq Armada M700. Finally got all the drivers up
and running with Win98SE.

I was pondering upgrading to XP but wasn't sure if the machine could hack it
(or if I'd be able to find all the drivers).

Spec is:-

Pentium III 600Mhz
128Mb RAM
10Gb HDD
Graphics = ATI Rage Mobility AGP (seems to support dual monitors which I was
surprised about)

What do folk think...is it worth it or will it struggle to hack it with XP.

I primarily want to use it around the house...mostly for Word etc. and will
probably equip it with a wireless LAN so that I can copy data to and from my
main home PC.

Thanks for any advice

Jonathan
Nottingham, UK

Old February 25th 04, 01:03 AM
Deep

It should be able to... I'm running it on a PIII 500 desktop. the only thing
is the memory. You'll want to definetly upgrade that to at least 256 if not
512.

Deep

"ñKs" wrote in message
Hack it?

Old February 25th 04, 03:55 AM
Deep

Where does that answer come from? I'ts got sufficient power and although
it's low on memory, it should be just fine. Heck I've got XP running on a
1692! K6-2-400 Mhz!

Deep

"Sharmon" wrote in message
No

Hack it?

Old February 25th 04, 07:14 AM
Jonathan E

Sorry....clearly lost in translation between our two versions of English...

"Hack it" a slang term meaning to cope with

see http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=hack

"ñKs" wrote in message
Hack it?