ISO file to EXE file

Old November 13th 03, 01:41 AM
Bubba

Default ISO file to EXE file

I downloaded a program that was in *.ISO format. I then downloaded a
program to convert the iso file. It is called ISO Recorder. It requires
that the conversion process go from the iso file (on my HD) to a CDR. The
only problem is that it burned a few coasters. Now I do not know if the
file is bad or if the ISO Recorder does not work well. Does anybody know if
there is a program that can convert ISO to regular program files and do it
all on the hard drive? BTW- I am using XP Pro and have Nero 6.

Old November 13th 03, 02:04 AM
David Ching

From: http://www.mcpmag.com/newsletter/art...itorialsID=157

I don't see any explanatory text, but Microsoft has a Virtual CD-ROM
Control Panel for Windows XP (link goes directly to download). What this
does is make an ISO image of a CD appear to be an actual CD-ROM without the
bother of needing to burn it to a real CD-ROM. Useful when installing
software downloaded from MSDN. Windows XP only.
http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/b/6/7b6abd84-
7841-4978-96f5-bd58df02efa2/winxpvirtualcdcontrolpanel_21.exe

Best regards,
David

Old November 13th 03, 02:04 AM
Rick

"Bubba" wrote in message
I downloaded a program that was in *.ISO format. I then downloaded a
program to convert the iso file. It is called ISO Recorder. It requires
that the conversion process go from the iso file (on my HD) to a CDR. The
only problem is that it burned a few coasters. Now I do not know if the
file is bad or if the ISO Recorder does not work well. Does anybody know

if
there is a program that can convert ISO to regular program files and do it
all on the hard drive? BTW- I am using XP Pro and have Nero 6.

Nero is quite capable of burning *.ISO image files to disk. Click on the
"Recorder" button, then from the drop down menu click on "Burn Image". Now
browse for your *.ISO file and burn it to a cdr. But if you insist on doing
everything on your hard drive try IsoBuster or WinISO.

Old November 13th 03, 04:50 AM
Mike Richter

Bubba wrote:
I downloaded a program that was in *.ISO format. I then downloaded a
program to convert the iso file. It is called ISO Recorder. It requires
that the conversion process go from the iso file (on my HD) to a CDR. The
only problem is that it burned a few coasters. Now I do not know if the
file is bad or if the ISO Recorder does not work well. Does anybody know if
there is a program that can convert ISO to regular program files and do it
all on the hard drive? BTW- I am using XP Pro and have Nero 6.

Take a look at ISOBuster, linked from my WWW site.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

Old November 13th 03, 05:05 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a libel )
( -- despite Mikey's supposed to have examples of misquotes! )

Bubba wrote:

I downloaded a program that was in *.ISO format. I then downloaded a
program to convert the iso file. It is called ISO Recorder. It requires
that the conversion process go from the iso file (on my HD) to a CDR. The
only problem is that it burned a few coasters. Now I do not know if the
file is bad or if the ISO Recorder does not work well. Does anybody know if
there is a program that can convert ISO to regular program files and do it
all on the hard drive? BTW- I am using XP Pro and have Nero 6.

You can burn the .iso with Nero.
You can mount the .iso in Nero ImageDrive.

You can extract the files in the .iso using CDmage or IsoBuster:
http://cdmage.cjb.net
http://www.IsoBuster.com/
Old November 13th 03, 12:06 PM
Bubba

Thanks all. I tried ISOBuster and it worked well.

. --------------------------------------

Old November 14th 03, 11:05 PM
Howard Kaikow

http://www.smart-projects.net/isobuster/

--
http://www.standards.com/; See Howard Kaikow's web site.

boot-up problem Dave General 1 January 11th 04 03:38 PM
Can't get CD Burner to Burn Nottoman General 2 December 22nd 03 06:47 PM
Nero 5.5.x compilation file: burn contents of \folder\* ? RJ Cdr 0 November 11th 03 08:18 PM
Help! - The dreaded buffer underrun XPG Cdr 5 August 31st 03 06:27 PM
If I download an image file for the MAC with a .sit extention, can I use my PC to burn it for the MAC Steven B. Cdr 1 July 25th 03 12:38 AM