Maxtor SATA Raid Problems A7N8X Deluxe Rev 2

Old July 11th 03, 05:33 PM
Mike Bernstein

Default Maxtor SATA Raid Problems A7N8X Deluxe Rev 2

I do not have one for the version 2 board, mine is a 1.04. Yours needs a
different BIOS. The easiest way is to flash with the equivalent 'Uber' BIOS
from Michael Mccaulay, which you can download he

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/michael...-Uber-SATA.rar

"coolyman" wrote in message
On Mon, 26 May 2003 11:53:43 +0100, "Mike Bernstein"
belched:

From the Silicon Image website http://www.siliconimage.com/home.asp. Go
Product Support, IDE & RAID Card Support, Software & Downloads, Sil3112A

and
click on article 10443. The 4.2.12 BIOS is an attachment to the page.

In order to use it though, you have to modify the Asus BIOS (1004 or

1005)
to replace the 4150.bin module with the 4212.bin module and re-flash your
BIOS.

Might you have and post said patched BIOS file??
I can't get to that section with the drivers. It leads me in a circle
of "click here to enter".

"coolyman" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 23 May 2003 14:55:57 GMT, "Simon"
belched:

Incorrect presumption number 2.
I have now tried the 1004, 1005 FINAL, 1005 Beta R2 and the SATA

Enhanced
1005 R2 UBER release (the latter includes the 4.2.12 SATA Bios). All
displayed the problem.

I'm wondering whether this could be a drive fault but Maxtor's

diagnostic
tools don't cover the SATA drives yet.

BTW Nom, nice tone to your posts - but I am still pleased it's

working
for
you. :-)

OK, where did you get the 4.2.12 BIOS???

Old July 11th 03, 05:39 PM
Mike Bernstein

I should have added that Silcon Image have changed their website so that the
new route is Product Support, Downloads, BIOS, Sil3112A.

From the Silicon Image website http://www.siliconimage.com/home.asp. Go
Product Support, IDE & RAID Card Support, Software & Downloads, Sil3112A

and
click on article 10443. The 4.2.12 BIOS is an attachment to the page.

In order to use it though, you have to modify the Asus BIOS (1004 or

1005)
to replace the 4150.bin module with the 4212.bin module and re-flash your
BIOS.

Might you have and post said patched BIOS file??
I can't get to that section with the drivers. It leads me in a circle
of "click here to enter".

.. .

RAID 0 problems no spam Homebuilt PC's 0 April 30th 04 06:18 PM
Asus A7N8X Deluxe - what problems? Aradur Homebuilt PC's 3 February 11th 04 10:36 PM
Asus P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard - SATA RAID - How many hard drives Thomas Frayne Homebuilt PC's 0 November 26th 03 05:15 PM
XPOST - asus a7n8x deluxe SATA & SATA RAID! \(\) |V| 3 G A General 1 September 26th 03 06:02 PM
A7N8X Deluxe - a few questions Jon Hume Asus Motherboards 5 July 4th 03 04:37 AM