Skybuck's Dream PC for 2006 in a COMA !

Old May 31st 07, 03:50 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Skybuck

Default Skybuck's Dream PC for 2006 has AWAKENED from it's COMA !

YEEEEEEAAAHHHHH,

I was browsing the internet with my old Pentium III and googling for
dead a8n32-sli, and I came across this thread about corrupted bios-es.

And somebody said: Try resetting the bios via a special jumper.

He said it would reset the bios to an old version.

Somebody else said, no it just resets the cmos !

The manual says it resets the cmos !

So here is what I already tried which did not work:

1. I removed the battery while all cables unplugged. That alone did
not work !

So here is what I did that somehow DID work !:

I checked the manual and it did have a procedure and I followed it
precisely:

1. Unplug all cables.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Move the cap on the jumper.

4. Wait 10 seconds

5. Insert battery.

6. Turn power on.

7. Boot system !

AND AMAZINGLY IT WORKED !!!!

That's truely amazing ?!?!?!

How can a JUMPER movement possibly fix it ?

Was there still a low ammount of voltage present ?

AMAZING !

I just turned on the computer without graphics cards and soundblasters
and without harddisks attached to it and it went:

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

WHAT A BEAUTIFULL SOUND WIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That means it's boooooting WIEEEEEEEEEEEE

LOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

**** ALL YOU ******* LOL.

MY PC RRRULEEEZZ AND STILL RULLEEEZZ.

Now I am gonna fix it.

I am immediatly getting rid of BIOS 1405... and going back to 1009 or
so... **** THAT.

Also from now on I am gonna use some other way to turn of my
PC :P*****

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old May 31st 07, 03:54 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Skybuck

Default Skybuck's Dream PC for 2006 in a COMA !

On May 31, 4:27 pm, "sbb78247" wrote:
Skybuck wrote:
On May 31, 4:14 pm, daytripper wrote:
On 31 May 2007 05:52:29 wrote
yet another pathetic tale of woe with his "dream peecee" biting the
dust....again...
[...]

Dude, I told ya you should have just bought a Dell....

Oh wait I forgot the DELL laptop joke:

Where do you wanna get burned today ? =D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bye,
Skybuck.

sounds like you were the one that got burned

hth, hand, and gfia!- Hide quoted text -

NONONONONONONONONONONO

MY PC JUST CAME BACK TO LIFE MOTHER****ER YEAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

MY PC IS FIGHTER JUST LIKE MEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

MY PC DOESN'T LIKE LOOZZING =D

I resetted the BIOS/CMOS by moving a jumper and it worked !

THE PC IS NOW GOING BEEEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

WIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

:P***********************************

=D =D =D
Hahahahahah

Maybe I am laughing tooo soooonn but I don't think so.

I must admit... I also tried to run a crack for dark messiah... maybe
it was a virus ****ing up my bios settings... probably not though...
but one never knows...

Maybe it was radiation from mobiles...

Or maybe it were ALIENS after all !

I still think it's a hack via network though ?!!?!???!?! OH-OH..

There is this marvell update on windows... last time i tried it... it
didn't work.. maybe gotta try it..

But no... gonna do bios update... never had problems with 1009...
except x-fi problem in bf2 with 4 gb's.

MAN kinda sux... since now I want to play Dark Messiah... and it needs
4 GB, since 2 GB is not that much... really... it needs 4 GB with all
high :P*

But then I gotta switch back and forth... man...

Somebody really gotta fix the X-FI problem with BF2 ?!!1

Oh well I am getting bored of BF2 anyway !

HAHA.

Bye,
Skybuck

Old May 31st 07, 04:04 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Larkin

On 31 May 2007 07:08:44 -0700, Skybuck
wrote:

On May 31, 3:54 pm, John Larkin
wrote:
On 31 May 2007 05:52:29
wrote:

Hello,

Today I booted my computer and not long after it frooze, then I
rebooted it again and it frooze again.

The last time I rebooted all network cables where unplugged and then
it frooze again.

And now it seems the motherboard/bios (ASUS A8N32-SLI) is dead ?!?

Most likely causes:

1. Beta Bios Update 1405.
2. Chieftec Power Button getting stuck, possibly causing power surges.
3. Power punch on tv cable system/internet system entering via network
controller chips.
4. Power punch on power box some months ago.
5. Logitech G3 mouse causing power feedback.
6. Static electricty from summer shoes somehow got into the PC, maybe
via G3 mouse cables ?
7. Unnoticed CPU Fan failure, CPU might be dead ?
8. Bad electronics on asus motherboard.
9. Cyberattack via network.
10. Bios virus via downloaded files.
11. Constant ARP broadcast of ISP caused to much strange on ethernet
controller/chip.
12. Too much heat killed it.

Not sure what I am gonna do... maybe wait a day to see if it works
again tomorrow and then
try to flash back the bios to a non-beta version.

This is the second motherboard that has died not long after a BIOS
flash, so that makes
flashing the bios most suspicious. The other board was a gigabyte.

Also the otherboard also died after many power button/reset issue's.

The same events happened... power resets/bios flashes = leads to dead
motherboard/bios.

Pure speculation ofcourse but this is the most likely cause.

If this is really true then I am kinda screwed:

1. I have to replace the cases which does have a good power on button.
How do I find out
which case does have a good power button ? I really like the
chieftec case, the only
thing wrong with it is the power button.

2. I don't like sleep mode and will never use it so that's not an
option.

I think the best thing I can do right now is:

1. Find a new better case.

2. Buy a new motherboard.

3. Buy new thermal paste interface material.

3. Rebuild computer

4. Attempt to send dead motherboard to supplier to see if I can get a
new one just in case
the other one dies as well.

Last but more expensive option:

5. Buy new motherboard, new cpu and new ram as an upgrade for more cpu
power

With pain in my heart I must come to the conclusion that Chieftec has
build the worst case
possible.

A case which damaged my motherboard.

I think it's a very good suspect... however the bios upgrade might be
the cause as well.

However I can not risk damaging another motherboard, so the case has
got to go just in case
it was the cause.

This also raises warranty question:

1. Can I return the case because of malfunctioning power button and
possibly get another case ?

You can bet your ass I am going to contact the reseller and inform him
about this defect.

I am gonna look at this as another experience and another adventure to
be under taken by TheSkybuck! =DDDDDD

I really do hope that manufactures learn from this and do not repeat
these mistakes

Also if Chieftec did test their power button they would have known...
strange !

Other questions:

2. How can I detect static eletricity build up in my own body ? are
there devices for it ?

3. Do dutch resellers sell, static eletricity matts or wristes or
something that helps just in case.

(I don't think static electricty killed it... but any help to prevent
damage is welcome.. gotta be able to prove if it was static
electricity )

4. Does asus test motherboards with faulty power buttons ? (multiple
on/off's within a few seconds ?)

And finally: **** I am screwed =D

Bye,
Skybuck.

Toss it in a dumpster and buy a nice HP.

John- Hide quoted text -

Throw 5000 euro's in the waste basket ?

FIVE THOUSAND EUROS?!!

You could have bought three or four primo hot-plug-raid-ed HP boxes,
with redundant fans, power supplies, and BIOS's, for that sort of
money. And if one broke, which is unlikely, you could move your drives
into a spare and be back up in minutes.

Thanks for the useless advice, NOT.

You are going to throw more kiloEuros onto the same bonfire?

What I probably do need is:

1. A new case, with a good power button.

2. A new motherboard.

New case + new motherboard = new PC!

See, we agree after all.

I don't need your crappy advice, I don't need HP's stuff.

HP doesn't even sell loose components, only complete PC's with limited
choices

Pc's that work. True, they don't offer blue neon lighting inside.

John

Old May 31st 07, 04:48 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Michael A. Terrell

Skybuck wrote:

Hello,

Today I booted my computer and not long after it frooze, then I
rebooted it again and it frooze again.

Can you blame it? It doesn't like you, because you force it to troll
all the time. I can see you've burnt out the spell checker, too.

Bye,
Skybuck.

You keep saying that, but you never leave.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Old May 31st 07, 04:56 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Michael A. Terrell

sbb78247 wrote:

you really are an idiot aren't you. i bet your lips move while you read the
words on the screen just so you can comprehend what you are reading.

sounds like you need to take it to someone who has a clue, which is
obviously not you.

hth, hand, and gfia

It will take a wile for him to reply. He has to scrape all of the
whiteout off his monitor, again.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Old May 31st 07, 04:59 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Frank McCoy

In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt Skybuck
wrote:

[...]

Because the jumper discharges *all* the capacitors that can normally
keep a CMOS going during a battery-change. The power actually required
by the small CMOS circuit is so tiny it can take several minutes to run
down the tiny amount of voltage left in the area. Also, the system
needs to be unplugged for the same reason.

However, moving the jumper *disconnects* the power line that supplies
the CMOS from the battery and all other sources of power, and *connects*
it directly to ground, where it shortly discharges any and all
capacitors (and the CMOS itself) connected to the rail.

Then, upon replacing the jumper and connecting it back to it's proper
power-supply (the coin battery), when booting the system sees that the
CMOS is garbaged and been reset (a special circuit in the CMOS to detect
that state) so it loads defaults into the CMOS (so things will run) and
then prompts the operator to enter desired values.

Was there still a low ammount of voltage present ?

Yes.

--
_____
/ ' / â„¢
Old May 31st 07, 06:37 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Linux Geek

On Thu, 31 May 2007 07:50:47 -0700, Skybuck wrote:

bull****

My wishes for you:

May the bleeding piles torment you
and may corns adorn your feet
may crabs as big as roaches climb on your bag and eat
and when you're old and feeble and a syphilis laden wreck
May you fall straight through your asshole
and break your fuc^&ng neck.

Linux Geek

Saying that XP is the most stable MS OS is like saying that
asparagus is the most articulate vegetable. (Dave Barry)
Old May 31st 07, 06:42 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Marra

There could be an issue with static discharge.

Or possibly plugging things in and out while the PC is powered up.
(Not recommended)

Flash memories are pretty good these days so updating the BIOS
shouldnt cause problems unless you have updated it with the wrong
software.

Old May 31st 07, 07:10 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Michael A. Terrell

Linux Geek wrote:

On Thu, 31 May 2007 07:50:47 -0700, Skybuck wrote:

bull****

My wishes for you:

May the bleeding piles torment you
and may corns adorn your feet
may crabs as big as roaches climb on your bag and eat
and when you're old and feeble and a syphilis laden wreck
May you fall straight through your asshole
and break your fuc^&ng neck.

May the Bird of Paradise Fly up Your Nose
Little Jimmy Dickens

One fine day as I was a-walkin' down the street
Spied a beggar man with rags upon his feet
Took a penny from my pocket
In his tin cup I did drop it
I heard him say as I made my retreat

CHORUS
"May the bird of paradise fly up your nose"
"May an elephant caress you with his toes"
"May your wife be plagued with runners in her hose"
"May the bird of paradise fly up your nose"

The laundry man is really on his toes
Found a hundred-dollar bill among my clothes
When he called me I came a-runnin'
Gave him back his dime for phonin'
I heard him sayin' as I turned to go

CHORUS

I was way behind one day to catch the train
Taxi driver said "We'll make it just the same"
The speed cop made it with us
And as he wrote out the ticket
I stood by politely a-waitin' for my change

CHORUS

CHORUS

FADE

CHORUS

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Old June 1st 07, 12:16 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Jamie

Skybuck wrote:

On May 31, 3:54 pm, John Larkin
wrote:

On 31 May 2007 05:52:29
wrote:

[...]

maybe you should check your PS and caps on the MB.
Caps are known to short, look for leaking ones and maybe
those that have the tops split of bubbled up.

also, does the Fan in the PS operate ?
You may find it's just a PS issue.

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5