New system, Dell Wireless keyboard

Old April 5th 06, 01:24 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Default New system, Dell Wireless keyboard

"Notan" wrote in message
"S.Lewis" wrote:

snip

If it makes you feel any better, I've had problems with Firefox
periodically
becoming buggy. Granted, I use a lot of downloadable extensions for it,
but
on my Dim8300 it seems that some of the latest versions of the browser
don't
work well. While I didn't get BSOD's, it would lose connections
frequently
or simply dump/crash in the middle of multi-tab sessions.

As a result of that,I've uninistalled FF on a few occasions and gone back
earlier versions (I keep the core .exe files in a folder).

I'm currently rolled back to version 1.0.4 with the added extensions and
it's been stable for a while.

While y'all are talking about Firefox, I've got a quick question...

Take a look at View | Character Encoding.

Mine is set to Unicode (UTF-8) and, for the life of me, I can't get
it to default to Western (ISO-8859-1).

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Notan

Have you tried:

View/character encoding/More encodings/User defined/ then going back and
manually selecting Western ISO?

I just did it and it seemed to hold. My default was also UTF-8, fwiw.....

Stew

Old April 5th 06, 01:29 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

"S.Lewis" wrote:

"Notan" wrote in message
"S.Lewis" wrote:

[...]

It holds for that particular session, but if I close and reopen, it's back
to Unicode.

Notan
Old April 5th 06, 02:10 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

"Notan" wrote in message
"S.Lewis" wrote:

"Notan" wrote in message
"S.Lewis" wrote:

[...]

Okay, then try this in addition:

tools/options/general/languages/default character encoding/change to your
desired default in the dropdown.

Does it hold now?

Stew

Old April 5th 06, 02:20 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

"S.Lewis" wrote:

snip

Okay, then try this in addition:

tools/options/general/languages/default character encoding/change to your
desired default in the dropdown.

Does it hold now?

In v1.5, it's Tools | Options | Content | Advanced...

While Default Character Encoding says "Western (ISO-8859-1),"
it still shows up as Unicode while FF is running.

Thanks, anyway!

Notan
Old April 5th 06, 02:24 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

"Notan" wrote in message
"S.Lewis" wrote:

snip

Okay, then try this in addition:

tools/options/general/languages/default character encoding/change to your
desired default in the dropdown.

Does it hold now?

In v1.5, it's Tools | Options | Content | Advanced...

While Default Character Encoding says "Western (ISO-8859-1),"
it still shows up as Unicode while FF is running.

Thanks, anyway!

Notan

Same here. I now officially have got nuthin'.

Stew

Old April 5th 06, 02:42 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

"S.Lewis" wrote:

"Notan" wrote in message
"S.Lewis" wrote:

snip

Okay, then try this in addition:

tools/options/general/languages/default character encoding/change to your
desired default in the dropdown.

Does it hold now?

In v1.5, it's Tools | Options | Content | Advanced...

While Default Character Encoding says "Western (ISO-8859-1),"
it still shows up as Unicode while FF is running.

Thanks, anyway!

Notan

Same here. I now officially have got nuthin'.

Stew

Join the club!

Notan