Solo 1200 Overheating problem

Old March 28th 05, 06:13 AM
bambino174

Default Solo 1200 Overheating problem

I have a Gateway Solo 1200 that keeps overheating due to the fact that
the fan is broken. This causes the laptop to constantly reboot. I
know the fan is dead but I don't know how to get into the laptop to
replace it. When I wrote to Gateway they told me that the only way I
can have it replaced is to send it in to them but I know that I can
replace it if I could just get the casing off. The problem is the
LCD screen blocks two screws that I need to take off in order to get
the casing off and get to the fan. I am familiar with desktops, but
not with laptops. That's why I can't figure out a way to get to the
fan. Anyone know any ways to fix this problem?