Ebuyer...

Old December 5th 03, 09:45 PM
Zapp Brannigan

Default Ebuyer...

Well, against my better judgement, I used then this week, as I needed a
cheap 120Gig HDD for a relatives PC. As this was a freebie job, I was
on a tight budget. Whilst looking on ebuyer, I spotted the offer of a
Used Maxtor 120Gb drive, for a very reasonable price. I figured that it
must have been retuened, tested NFF, and returned to stock. So I
ordered one.

Anyway it turned up yesterday. Gues what... was totally shafted,
littled with bad blocks....

I am feeling a right **** for actually thinking that ebuyer tested these
things before putting them back on the shelf....

So now has to go through the rigmoral of returning the drive. Had to
buy a full price disk locally today to fulfull my obligations.

Make made a mental note to

a) avoid ebuyer
b) think before ordering...

Sigh....
Old December 5th 03, 09:51 PM
Zapp Brannigan

Zapp Brannigan wrote:

[...]

Oh, forgot to say, To add insult yo injury, I tried phoning them, was
on hold for 35 minutes, and evenually got through and was told that I
had to do the RMA online, and they would "helpfully" send me a enote
telling me how to do it.... I was this close to using the F word...

2 morals to this story

1/ Don't use ebuyer, whatever the price
2/ Don't me tempted by BGrade/Used items, as it's a cheap way of you
doing their job of testing..
Old December 5th 03, 10:48 PM
Tone-EQ

1/ Don't use ebuyer, whatever the price
2/ Don't me tempted by BGrade/Used items, as it's a cheap way of you
doing their job of testing..

I never buy second-hand items, whatever the price or retailer. If it's not
new then you do not know what you are getting for your money. How much
cheaper was it than a new one anyway?

As for Ebuyer, they don't have the greatest service on the planet but their
prices are too competitive on most items to go elsewhere. I've never had to
return anything, but they have been fairly efficient at sorting out a couple
of minor problems I've had in the past.
--
Regards,
Tony. (tony.cue(at)tiscali.co.uk)

Discogs: building the definitive database of electronic music...
http://www.discogs.com

Old December 5th 03, 11:35 PM

On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 21:51:48 +0000, Zapp Brannigan
wrote:

Sigh....

Oh, forgot to say, To add insult yo injury, I tried phoning them, was
on hold for 35 minutes, and evenually got through and was told that I
had to do the RMA online, and they would "helpfully" send me a enote
telling me how to do it.... I was this close to using the F word...

2 morals to this story

1/ Don't use ebuyer, whatever the price
2/ Don't me tempted by BGrade/Used items, as it's a cheap way of you
doing their job of testing..

Rubbish. You bought a used item without checking if it was fully
serviceable. You then wasted 35 minutes on the phone when it is
blindingly obvious these sort of companies do everything via their
website. Ebuyer did nothing wrong at all.

Old December 6th 03, 12:23 AM
RS

i agree , what you expext buying a second hand used hard drive, i know a
lass who works there , they are a good company. Compared to what they sell
there returns are minimal.

Next time buy new.

Old December 6th 03, 12:30 AM
Tx2

In newsgroup meesage ,
, a.k.a says...

Ebuyer did nothing wrong at all.

except supply goods not fit for purpose.
Old December 6th 03, 07:08 AM
gamemaniak

Whilst looking on ebuyer, I spotted the offer of a
Used Maxtor 120Gb drive, for a very reasonable price.

How much cheaper was the Used drive?
..

Old December 6th 03, 07:20 PM
Zapp Brannigan

gamemaniak wrote:
Whilst looking on ebuyer, I spotted the offer of a

Used Maxtor 120Gb drive, for a very reasonable price.

How much cheaper was the Used drive?

Was a Maxtor Plus 9 120Gb for £42.

I wasn't concerned that it was "used", but I wrongly mistook that for
meaning "used but working", not "used and totally ****ed, makes a good
dooor wedge".