Blank Screen Problem - Anyone Pls Help?

Old May 22nd 04, 03:45 PM
Sgt_Wilson

Default Blank Screen Problem - Anyone Pls Help?

Hi All,

Ive tried technical support at Connect 3D but to no avail. So Im sure
you guys (and gals) are far better informed.

Im using Cat 4.5 and MMC 9.0

I shall now explain my problem, in no particular order im afraid, so
here goes

1/ ATI TV - everything works fine except when I come to record the
program stops responding, although it does seem as if it is doing
something as the hard disk light is flashing! I tried reinstalling MMC
but that hasnt solved it.

2/ Main problem (dont know if these are linked)

I can capture video perfectly using either Pinnacle Studio 8 or Ulead
Vid Studio 5 (which I prefer!), however when it comes to render the
sequence and titles, etc., it starts working then after a random amount
of time the monitor goes blank (or even displays 'out of sync'
sometimes) and the hard drive light stops flashing.

I managed to render a 48 minute sequence the other day - no problems,
but then when i tried to do a 5 minute one - system goes the same way -
blank screen etc.

The only way to get out of this is to reboot the whole machine!!

I know that ive read threads on here about this problem, and they say to
untick the 'FASTWRITE' option in the properties thing. Ive tried that
one, and it still has no effect.

Ive tried;
a) The power supply, by hooking up the ATI card to its very own PSU -
even though I have a Thermaltake 480Watt, but that didnt cure it.
b) Quiting all applications and processes (except system ones) as
technical told me - and that hasnt helped.

I thought that it might even be a thermal problem, but the processor was
running a 60 degrees C for the 48 minute render and that worked ok, and
when it was cooler (54 degrees C) it still hung the system, so I dont
think its that either.

There just seems to be no set pattern.

Technical told me to reinstall Win XP - but I only want to do this as a
last resort. Ive only had the system installed for a week, and
everything is running ok apart from this damn video rendering thing. And
ive also activated Win XP and Office, so if I reinstall wont it come up
with a problem when trying to re-activate it after a short period?

HELP and SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!!!

Thanks
A upset ATI user
__________________
GFX: Connect 3D AIW 9800Pro 128Mb
Sound: Audigy Player
MB: Gigabyte GA-7VT600PL
Pro: AMD 3200XP+
Mem: 1024Mb
HD: Seagate 120Mb SATA 150
PSU: Thermaltake 480W
DVD Writer & DVD reader
OS: Win XP SP1 + all updates

Old May 23rd 04, 10:35 AM
Sgt_Wilson

DX Version 9.0b with UK Tv Tuner update, and I have just run DxDiag with
no problems found.

Still the search goes on . . . . .

JAD wrote:
Again, DirectX version and have you run DxDiag?

"Sgt_Wilson" '/ wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Toshiba 2520 Blank Screen Gary Smart General 1 January 30th 04 12:28 AM
blank black screen from boot cd (s) Dr Richard Cranium Ati Videocards 6 December 27th 03 04:06 AM
MOH blank screen Mike B Ati Videocards 5 December 21st 03 07:43 AM
Drive doesn't recognise blank CDR - Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-R2002 Graham Appleton Cdr 7 November 1st 03 05:34 PM
Powercolor Radeon 7500 Blank Screen Problem Señor Apellido Ati Videocards 4 July 19th 03 04:26 PM