HP photosmart 8250?? run out of ink so fast.

Old July 24th 06, 05:43 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
A.E lover

Default HP photosmart 8250?? run out of ink so fast.

Dear all,

My HP photosmart 8250 runs out of ink so fast. I just print around ten
4x6 " images and it runs out of yellow ink. Also I see the cartridge in
this printer is rather small.
Is it common in HP8250??? perhaps I cannot use this printer to print
pictures anymore since I don't want to pay a lot of money for just a
few pictures.

Old July 24th 06, 06:20 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Bob Headrick

"A.E lover" wrote in message
ups.com

My HP photosmart 8250 runs out of ink so fast. I just print around ten
4x6 " images and it runs out of yellow ink. Also I see the cartridge
in
this printer is rather small.
Is it common in HP8250??? perhaps I cannot use this printer to print
pictures anymore since I don't want to pay a lot of money for just a
few pictures.

No, this is not common, it sounds like your printer has an issue. The
Photosmart 8250 is rated at 170 4x6 photo's for the yellow cartridge.
See http://h10060.www1.hp.com/pageyield/...200/photo.html for
yield data for this printer, or see
http://h10060.www1.hp.com/pageyield/us/en/index.html for HP page yield
information for other recent HP printers.

If you really are getting ten 4x6 prints I would call HP for warranty
service. In the US call 1-800-HPINVENt for warranty service.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Old July 29th 06, 10:22 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
A.E lover

Hello Bob,

I guess the wrong usage of type of paper might be a reason. I used
normal papers which we often use for Laser printers and the ink ran out
so fast. I just installed new cartridges and use the photo papers which
HP recommends for inkjet printers and it is fine now. I have printed
around 20 prints and ink is still okie.

What do you think, Bob?

Bob Headrick wrote:
ups.com

Old July 30th 06, 04:46 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Bob Headrick

"A.E lover" wrote in message
ups.com...

I guess the wrong usage of type of paper might be a reason. I used
normal papers which we often use for Laser printers and the ink ran
out
so fast. I just installed new cartridges and use the photo papers
which
HP recommends for inkjet printers and it is fine now. I have printed
around 20 prints and ink is still okie.

What do you think, Bob?

If you are printing with the paper type set to "Automatic" the printer
would recognize the paper type and adjust automatically. Plain paper
actually uses *less* ink than photo papers, so if anything you should
get much more than the rated 170 4"x6" prints from the yellow cartridge
if you were printing on plain paper.

You may have had a bad cartridge or it may have been improperly
installed. If you get similar results with this cartridge I would call
HP for warranty service, 1-800-HPINVENt.