Is there a special way of storing a used Canon i960 so head won't dry?

Old July 9th 07, 12:37 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

Default Is there a special way of storing a used Canon i960 so head won't dry?

I just got a used Canoni960 and I'm planning to store it for future
use. I tested the printer and it works great. However, I already
have a printer, therefore I don't need this printer at this time.

My question is, is there a special way of storing this printer? I'm
afraid that if I don't use the printer, the head will dry and it won't
be able to operate later on. any advise would be great.

thanks,
stan

p.s. All the ink cartridges still have ink in them.

Old July 12th 07, 07:40 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Gary Tait wrote:

wrote in news:1183937850.210941.193110 @e9g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

I just got a used Canoni960 and I'm planning to store it for future use. I tested the printer and it works great. However, I already have a printer, therefore I don't need this printer at this time.

If you already have a good printer do not waste your time and you should not have wasted your money.  You could have bought lunch for a homeless person.  When your printer wears out the new printers at that time will be even better than the ones sold today which are much better than a Canon 960 (good in its day) but it does not have twin paper feed, print duplex or have longer lasting inks.

My question is, is there a special way of storing this printer? I'm afraid that if I don't use the printer, the head will dry and it won't be able to operate later on. any advise would be great. thanks, stan p.s. All the ink cartridges still have ink in them.

Flush the head with distilled water and window cleaner. Store the head in a sealed continer, as well as the carteiges (with the shipping cap and vent hole sealed).

Old July 12th 07, 07:52 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
frank

measekite wrote:

If you already have a good printer do not waste your time and you should
not have wasted your money. You could have bought lunch for a homeless
person. When your printer wears out the new printers at that time will
be even better than the ones sold today which are much better than a
Canon 960 (good in its day) but it does not have twin paper feed, print
duplex or have longer lasting inks.

Hey bozo...I'm talking to you dip****!
He already bought the used printer.
You can't really read can you?
Didn't even make it into hs did you?
Pity.
Frank
Old July 12th 07, 10:58 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
GMAN[_3_]

In article , boyhowdy wrote:
!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
html
head
meta content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type"
/head
body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000"
br
br

Snip

in a sealed continer, as well as the carteiges (with the shipping cap
and vent hole sealed).
/pre
/blockquote
/body
/html

Measekite, please dont post HTML crap in usenet
Old July 12th 07, 11:53 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
frank

GMAN wrote:

In article , boyhowdy wrote:

!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
html
head
meta content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type"
/head
body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000"
br
br

Snip

in a sealed continer, as well as the carteiges (with the shipping cap
and vent hole sealed).
/pre
/blockquote
/body
/html

Measekite, please dont post HTML crap in usenet

That asshole does that all the time.
Complain to abuse @ his ISP. That's what I do almost on a daily basis.
They want to get rid of him because of all the complaints they get.
So do we.
Frank