Core 2 Duo Official release date?

Old May 26th 06, 04:45 PM posted to comp.sys.intel

Default Core 2 Duo Official release date?

Hello,

I've seen reports varying from June 6 to late August/September for the
release date. Has anyone seen anything official from Intel yet?

Old May 26th 06, 06:35 PM posted to comp.sys.intel

I just saw the post below mentioning the release of the new chips - so let
me get this straight - the newest chips have a slower processor cycle time
than the current ones - 2.6 GHz will be the fastest chip the first release?

. ..

Old May 26th 06, 07:21 PM posted to comp.sys.intel

Boe wrote:
I just saw the post below mentioning the release of the new chips - so let
me get this straight - the newest chips have a slower processor cycle time
than the current ones - 2.6 GHz will be the fastest chip the first release?

If you're talking in comparison to the Pentium 4/Pentium D/Pentium EE
family of processors, then the answer is yes, they'll be a slower clock
speed. The Core chips are closer in frequency to AMD's chips than to
Intel's previous chips.

Regarding the date Core 2 will come, I posted an article earlier today
about AMD's Socket F and Intel's Core 2 Duo. Core 2 Duo is due July 23rd.

Yousuf Khan
Old May 28th 06, 12:39 AM posted to comp.sys.intel

Intel, in a press release on one of the computer review internet sites, said
that it would be released in July.
--
DaveW

----------------
. ..

Old May 31st 06, 11:11 PM posted to comp.sys.intel

Default Speaking of releases...

Boe wrote:
Hello,

I've seen reports varying from June 6 to late August/September for the
release date. Has anyone seen anything official from Intel yet?

Woodcrest - same question?

Thanks,
--
Mike S
Old June 2nd 06, 03:03 AM posted to comp.sys.intel

Mike Smith wrote:
Boe wrote:
I've seen reports varying from June 6 to late August/September for the
release date. Has anyone seen anything official from Intel yet?

Woodcrest - same question?

Later than Conroe. I've seen both "Q4 2006" and "Q1 2007" for woodcrest,
but that may be out of date.

--
Nate Edel http://www.cubiclehermit.com/

"What's the use of yearning for Elysian Fields when you know you can't get
'em, and would only let 'em out on building leases if you had 'em?" (WSG)
Old June 2nd 06, 02:04 PM posted to comp.sys.intel

Nate Edel wrote:
Mike Smith wrote:

Boe wrote:

I've seen reports varying from June 6 to late August/September for the
release date. Has anyone seen anything official from Intel yet?

Woodcrest - same question?

Later than Conroe. I've seen both "Q4 2006" and "Q1 2007" for woodcrest,
but that may be out of date.

What I've been hearing for about six months, consistently. I think this
is intel's publicly announced plan.
Woodcrest - July 2006
Conroe - August 2006
Merom - September 2006

www.theinquirer.org has been saying that it looks like Woodcrest will
even come out in late June, ahead of schedule. At least I think that is
where I read it. The previous poster is far far off.

Alex
Old June 2nd 06, 10:32 PM posted to comp.sys.intel

Alex Johnson wrote:
What I've been hearing for about six months, consistently. I think this
is intel's publicly announced plan.
Woodcrest - July 2006
Conroe - August 2006
Merom - September 2006

Conroe is July 23

http://digitimes.com/mobos/a20060525PR210.html

Old June 3rd 06, 08:05 PM posted to comp.sys.intel

Nate Edel wrote:
Alex Johnson wrote:
What I've been hearing for about six months, consistently. I think this
is intel's publicly announced plan.
Woodcrest - July 2006
Conroe - August 2006
Merom - September 2006

Conroe is July 23

http://digitimes.com/mobos/a20060525PR210.html

Well, thanks, guys. I was hoping to build a Woodcrest system for a
project to be delivered in July, but I guess not. Dual-dual-core
Opterons it shall have to be.

Thanks again,
--
Mike Smith
Old June 6th 06, 01:42 AM posted to comp.sys.intel

Mike Smith wrote:
Nate Edel wrote:
Conroe is July 23

http://digitimes.com/mobos/a20060525PR210.html

Well, thanks, guys. I was hoping to build a Woodcrest system for a
project to be delivered in July, but I guess not. Dual-dual-core
Opterons it shall have to be.

The new Xeon 50xx processors might be worth a look; they're still Netburst
cores, but they've got the new FSB and northbridge architecture that's
coming for Woodcrest - if I understand correctly, Woodcrest when released
will be a drop-in replacement.