MMC on Windows 7 and AIW 9600XT?

Old November 22nd 09, 12:25 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Tom Rapner

Default MMC on Windows 7 and AIW 9600XT?

"First of One" wrote in
:

Is there a functional version of MMC for Vista?

If so, then I assume you've tried installing it in Win7 with no success?

If not, then I don't think it will ever work. Vista has a different WDDM
driver model than XP after all.

Yes, according to reports ATI released at least one TV tuner/MMC update
three years ago for Vista, which has apparently since been pulled. I was
hoping someone here could point me to a mirror.
Old November 22nd 09, 07:38 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
GMAN[_12_]

In article , "Wile E. Coyote" wrote:
Tom Rapner wrote:

In fact you are an *ignorant* jerk, the matter of your professed
"honesty" aside. It was already stated that for the PC in question, if
the purpose was to capture video, a combo card was the only choice
available at the time it was purchased, installed and deployed.

And whether or not your initial post was "honest" is irrelevant. First,
it was a statement of opinion, not fact, and as such neither subject to
being labeled "honest" or otherwise. But moreover, it had no purpose
than to belittle. It was counter-productive at minimum.

Whether it is "time to upgrade" is not for you to decide, but I am not
throwing away this PC.

My question remains, "Is there any way to run MMC on a Windows 7
computer containing the All-in-Wonder 9600XT?" The floor is no longer
open to you.

Jerk.

Your post is full of so much bull****. An All-in-Wonder card was the
only option at the time to be able to capture video? Bull****. You can
even buy external video capture devices so no PCI slot is even needed.
I told you the solution to your dilemma noob so use it or ignore it, I
don't give a ****.

For the "OP" it was the only option.

Then dont give an answer.
Old November 27th 09, 10:20 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Wile E. Coyote

Tom Rapner wrote:

Your refusal to believe it, however, does not justify your poor manners.
There's was no call for answering an honest, innocent query on a tech
board with derision. How does that help anyone?

It ensures I go to bed knowing that I am an asshole and wish to remain
so.
Old November 27th 09, 10:22 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Wile E. Coyote

GMAN wrote:

For the "OP" it was the only option.

Then dont give an answer.

Perhaps but now it isn't and he is crying a river because his outdated
hardware is not Vista ready, or was it Win7 he was bitching about?.
Here's a tip I learned long ago, use the right hardware for the OS in
use and don't try to fit a square peg into a round hole.
Old November 27th 09, 10:30 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Wile E. Coyote

Tom Rapner wrote:

Yes, according to reports ATI released at least one TV tuner/MMC update
three years ago for Vista, which has apparently since been pulled. I was
hoping someone here could point me to a mirror.

Are you so poor that you can't afford a 4670 AGP or something similar
and a video capture device that uses USB? That's your solution if you
want to be Vista/Win7 ready. I am not trying to be a dick, just giving
you some advice.

http://www.techpowerup.com/?95987

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...247&CatId=1428

Old November 30th 09, 05:32 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
EMAN

On Nov 27, 2:30*am, "Wile E. Coyote" wrote:
Tom Rapner wrote:
Yes, according to reports ATI released at least one TV tuner/MMC update
three years ago for Vista, which has apparently since been pulled. *I was
hoping someone here could point me to a mirror.

Are you so poor that you can't afford a 4670 AGP or something similar
and a video capture device that uses USB? That's your solution if you
want to be Vista/Win7 ready. I am not trying to be a dick, just giving
you some advice.

http://www.techpowerup.com/?95987

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...m-details.asp?...

The man asked for help using a certain piece of equipment. Your
advice was, "don't use that equipment." The man repeated that his
goal was to repurpose that equipment. You berated him for not heeding
your wisdom.

If you weren't trying to be a dick, it must come to you naturally.
Old November 30th 09, 05:36 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
EMAN

On Nov 21, 4:25*pm, Tom Rapner wrote:
"First of One" wrote om:

Is there a functional version of MMC for Vista?

If so, then I assume you've tried installing it in Win7 with no success?

If not, then I don't think it will ever work. Vista has a different WDDM
driver model than XP after all.

Yes, according to reports ATI released at least one TV tuner/MMC update
three years ago for Vista, which has apparently since been pulled. *I was
hoping someone here could point me to a mirror.

Yes, the Vista MMC update seems to have vanished from the Web, but
I've still got my original copy from 2007. Are you hip to binaries?
I can post it to boneless.
Old December 1st 09, 02:36 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
jakrabit

i have an a 9600 XT i just pulled out of mothballs for just this
possibility.

i would be most appreciative if you would put the binaries out
somewhere i can download them.

i would write an opera in your name!

Old December 1st 09, 02:51 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
jakrabit[_2_]

apparently these guys have figured a few things out:

http://thegreenbutton.com/forums/p/6...75.aspx#329175

Old December 2nd 09, 01:35 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Wile E. Coyote

EMAN wrote:

If you weren't trying to be a dick, it must come to you naturally.

It's a bit of both, actually. You boneheads want to knock yourselves out
trying to put a round peg into a square hole then knock yourselves out.
Me? I'll go play a game on my i5 750 4.0GHZ w/Win7 PC and have some fun.